Does this reeeally exist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
like, if so, where is it? Or is this computer image shift-up made-up and believable untrue shoite?

biggrin.gif

u2hill.jpg

Mad1,
This pic was also in Propaganda issue# 28/29, sent in from a guy and his wife who were from Salt Lake City, Utah. In the accompanying letter, he doesn't explain where it is, he just says that the letters were placed on the mountain by U2 fans.

If I recall correctly it was in Arizona on the Univ. of Arizona campus. Could be worong about that. But anyway, the U was on the side of a mountain by the university's stadium U2 was playing at and someone went over and added the 2.

Wha...? Sharky! You're serious? Damn, I go to U of A! Of course I'm a freshman, so they might be gone bye now... Blah, I'll find out.

Originally posted by mad1:
maddie, please say maddie Z-edge, sayin Mad1 makes u sound like a stern ...............with a........up........

got it?

biggrin.gif

tanks boy boy.

um sorry maddie girl girl
frown.gif

------------------
"when hippos drove the big cars"

Ze69
<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO

Originally posted by sharky:
If I recall correctly it was in Arizona on the Univ. of Arizona campus. Could be worong about that. But anyway, the U was on the side of a mountain by the university's stadium U2 was playing at and someone went over and added the 2.

There's no way that's AZ....that's the foothills above Salt Lake City

U = University of Utah

u2utah should be able to confirm this, Amy, where are you???

oh no no Z-Edge big boy baby I wasnt shoutin at ya......((((((((((((((((hugs big Z-Edge)))))))))))) I mean why shout at a boy who also worships Queen Gwen
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

smile!

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 02-12-2002).]

Originally posted by mocool12:
Wha...? Sharky! You're serious? Damn, I go to U of A! Of course I'm a freshman, so they might be gone bye now... Blah, I'll find out.

Well, I'm wrong then. nevermind. was it Utah? those could be Utah mountains.

From ' U2 Live a concert documentary by Pimm JaI de la Parra

" May 3 , 1997 , Salt Lake City , UT , Rice Stadium ,

Located on the campus of the University of Utah , there is a huge 'U' on the side of the mountain and days before the show someone had put an equally large '2' next to it . When He sees it , Bono quips , " It's a good thing that we're not the Red Hot Chilli Peppers or something ! " "

Yes that was SLC Utah, during the PopMart tour (I was there
smile.gif
)
Bono said that it was a good thing they weren't called The Red Hot Chili Peppers! LMAO
biggrin.gif

Hi jezebel,
Yup, It's the U above the University of Utah.

The radio station sponsoring the show put a 2 up again last year the day the Elevation Tour show was officially announced, but that was Sept 10. It was taken down on the 11th. They couldn't put it back up in November for the show because the "U" is right above what is now the Olympic village and the organizers had already started putting up security fences and such.

107.5 The End's DJ's put a 2 next to the U for popmart. It stayed up for the concert. When the elevation tour was announced (3rd leg) and SLC was on the list, they put another 2 up next to the U, but this one looked absolutely hideous- way too small and it didn't really look like a 2. They took it down like a week later and it never went back up. I don't know why. But yes, it did exist.

Back
Top Bottom