does edge smoke?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they all smoke. I've never seen Edge smoke, but I've heard interviews where he's lit up.

Here's an excerpt from the Zoo TV tour book:

"BP: WHAT'S IN YOUR POCKETS?

Larry: Buttons for opening my gate (empties pockets) Lipsil, wallet, packet of Silk Cut cigarettes-nurses cigarettes! - homeopathic gear for sore throats, lighter, penknife.

Bono: I have no pockets.

Adam: A load of phone numbers. Whose? Nah, I'm not telling.

Edge: I don't have any in my trousers. In my coat (pulls everything out) there's my Gitanes(cigarettes), my Zippo, my keys and an awful lot of guitar picks. I pick them up everytime I leave rehearsal. I never put them back so on a given day it could be anything from ten to about fifty 'cos they just build up. I sometimes think they breed in there. "

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Here's an excerpt from the Zoo TV tour book:

"BP: WHAT'S IN YOUR POCKETS?

Larry: .... packet of Silk Cut cigarettes-nurses cigarettes! - homeopathic gear for sore throats,.... "

Is this an example of ZOOTV irony? Cigarettes and sore throat medicine? Homoepathic medicine yet?!

very true indeed, martha.

I love that BP interview. "A giraffe. Why? Cause then you'd met other giraffes."

Maybe it was just a Zoo TV thing. I have an interview from Zoo TV and he's smoking. So is Bono.

:tsk:

339%3B4%3C2323232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2328%3D777%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B337%3A24%3Aot1lsi

339%3B4%3C2323232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2328%3D777%3D59%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3A6974%3B76ot1lsi

Flanagan mentioned tham all smoking, didn't he?

That doesn't mean they should keep at it, though. They shouldn't have even started, especially not Bono. Surely he knew it wasn't good for his voice!

I remember Adam saying in an interview in 02 after stating that in his time off he was going to try and cut down or even quit. He said that the reason most of them (especially himself) still smoked was that in the environment of the studio when your just hanging out in between things smoking just gave you something to do.

I wonder though if Edge and Larry still smoke? cause I imagine they don't anymore, or if they just smoke occasionally nowadays.

Last edited:
I read an article from 2000 where the journalist was in the studio and described witnessing Larry clean out an ashtray before lighting up a cigarette. He won't eat meat but he'll smoke? That sure makes alot of sense.
I don't understand why they (or anyone else) would even start smoking in the first place.

Last edited:
* MoFo * said:
Smokings cool and you all know it

Yeah, it's really cool to smell like a crematorium, to have stained teeth and fingers, premature wrinkles and a voice like Marge Simpson's sisters. Girls just go wild over guys with emphysema! And as for weight loss...hey yeah, when they remove your lung, that's a good five pounds right there!

babyman said:
cool? destroying the health? hmmmmm :scratch:

Agreed, and yet practically everyone gets drunk on a regular basis and where's the health concern there?

I say, give people the freedom to kill themselves if they want. (please note my smilie)

Sue DeNym said:
Yeah, it's really cool to smell like a crematorium, to have stained teeth and fingers, premature wrinkles and a voice like Marge Simpson's sisters. Girls just go wild over guys with emphysema! And as for weight loss...hey yeah, when they remove your lung, that's a good five pounds right there!

I enjoyed that post! So true.

Back
Top Bottom