Does current U2 resemble Aerosmith or Bon 7ovi the most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't mean to make you cry, I'm sorry.

Here, have some tuna noodle casserole, fresh from the oven. Would you like a Pillsbury Grands biscuit to go along with it?

corianderstem said:
I didn't mean to make you cry, I'm sorry.

Here, have some tuna noodle casserole, fresh from the oven. Would you like a Pillsbury Grands biscuit to go along with it?
Yes please :sad:

:heart:

Maybe this will be the album to finally make all the elitists go away. I know you dont understand what a contract is but U2 signed a contract to release 3 best of albums...and by my count theyve only released 2 so far, so this is just part of the contract that was signed. None the less if you dont want it dont buy it, dont get on your golden pedistal and start preaching of what U2 should be doing, it is their career not your own. If they make a mistake by putting this best of out it will be decided by the general public not the people on this forum.

Just for your information by the way, The Beatles whom you love to kiss butt too in this forum has just as many Best Of albums to their credit in a much shorter career.

Yahweh said:
Just for your information by the way, The Beatles whom you love to kiss butt too in this forum has just as many Best Of albums to their credit in a much shorter career.

No kidding!

But ye know, it's okay if the Beatles do it, everyone else is a sellout or something.

Bon Jovi is basically, Jovi and Sambora, they have different bass players for their live tours and for the albums allgedly. U2 haven't changed drummers or bass players since their first album was released.

Aerosmith, eh, haven't really done anything as different as Rattle and Hum is to Zooropa. Least nothing I've heard.

If you played "I Will Follow" "With or Without You" and "Lemon" to someone who's never heard any of those songs, you think they'd know they were from the same band?

I can't think of any Aerosmith songs with that much variation. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not the biggest fan of Aerosmith but I've heard a number of their songs.

Zootlesque said:
They're closer to Aerosmith for sure! Once great band now mediocre. The downward spiral of U2 continues. Sad.

I completely disagree. U2 is nowhere near Aerosmith. All of the concert-goers who went to see the Elevation & Vertigo tours (making them some of the highest-grossing tours of all time), must be fools for supporting such a "mediocre" band. I mean... what's up with that? How can these people be so unaware of U2's post-2000 "downward spiral"? It's baffling.

:|

Last edited:
The new REM Best of is of theirs IRS years which means that there are songs that they released under that label (indie lable at that time, I'm not sure now). The problem for REM and IRS is that REM has no controls or rights for putting out those Best Of's - IRS can do it themselves, and they did it at least twice. On other hand REM released only one Best Of.
I'm not complaining about other U2 best of's - I like them, I love discs with B-sides etc... U2 has to have GH out, it's imperative for them and I support it...but this third is meeehhhh...

as for Pear Jam and live gigs/bootlegs - I LOVE that..you can buy a gig that you went to for only 10$ and that's great. I think that untill now they have more than 200 official bootlegs out - some in phisical form, and others for download. I would love if U2 would do something like that - than you could chose if you would like to have shity audience bootleg or a official quality one. And I think that PJ have more than one Live Album (Benaroya Hall etc....). Maybe I'm biased but I love that if they have some special gig they will put it out...

pepokiss said:
U2 is like Kiss

"Ali I hear you calling...but I can't come home right now. Me and the boys are playing, but we just can't find the sound....just a few more Best Of's, and i'll be right home to you, I think I hear Edge snoring...oh Ali what can I do?...Ali what can I do?":sad:

NEITHER. But this 3rd "Best Of" is over kill until they release two more albums.

The only good news is that with this band, a best of is a momentum starter for the next album

corianderstem said:

:shrug:

I still want to hear the music REM and U2 are putting out. If you don't, then there are lots of other bands to discover.

I hate that I have had to accept this. But I still believe in our boys. They just gotta grow a pair and get with the right producer(s) this time around (aka Eno-Lanois Connection).

Um, neither of these 2 mentioned, I think :shrug:

For me, U2 are a whole lot different than Aerosmith or Bon Jovi... Not only music-like, but performance-like and character-like as well.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

They've released their bootlegs(don't know the count but many consider that a cash grab as well) and one official live album. They only have 7 studio albums prior to a two disc greatest hits.

Pearl Jam
Ten
Vs.
No Code
Vitalogy
Yield
Lost Dogs
Riot act
Binaural

As for the live albums/bootlegs, they had different setlists for the most part, different recordings, and they weren't adding a new studio recording to each to try and entice fans, they were for primarily for collectors/people at the shows.

phattom said:

I hate that I have had to accept this. But I still believe in our boys. They just gotta grow a pair and get with the right producer(s) this time around (aka Eno-Lanois Connection).
wouldnt it be just the same for the people who like this style of U2? if they changed wouldnt the people who love U2 as they are today but just as you are now?

same situation but others feel they have the right to have what they want i guess.

toscano said:

Pearl Jam
Ten
Vs.
No Code
Vitalogy
Yield
Lost Dogs
Riot act
Binaural

I said prior to their greatest hits... So Pearl Jam doesn't count, neither does Lost Dogs since it's a compilation of b-sides and outtakes.

Now we're back to 7. Isn't math fun?

phattom said:

I know, right?

Agreed on both points. I still like the stuff they're doing, but who knows? My tastes might change and if they keep down the same path, I might reach this point myself.

But yeah. I still believe, dagnabbit! :)

phattom said:

But most want U2 to do something different to work with the "dynamic duo" again, wouldn't be different.

Might get an edgier sound with Rubin, at least edgier than if Eno/Lanois are producers.

If they got 'Pop' from Flood, and really, Edge was the producer of "Zooropa," it was Bono and Edge who wanted the change in Achtung Baby, so I wouldn't credit that to Eno/Lanois.

Seems the work is what some would consider more experimental, when they don't work with Eno/Lanois.

Adam seems to play better on albums not produced by them. :shrug:

None of the Best Of's can do 'em justice though. You gotta listen to a U2 album front to back to get the full and beautiful effect.

And no props at all to those slingin' the sellout argument about U2. This is a fansite for Christ's sake...........dorks.

U2 shouldn't have even bothered making music after Street Mission.

We all know everything after that sucked. Don't deny it. You're only kidding yourselves...

I don't like Bon Jovi, but he's not in the public eye alot so he's tolerable.

Aerosmith thugh... oh my goodness how I HATE HATE that band. Good Lord...

corianderstem said:
Oh, is it satire? In that case, I'm happy for my eyes to pop out of my head and roll around on the floor.
:lol:

EDIT: U2 = Aerosmith

Early badass rockness, tempered with late-career power balads and interesting attempts at rocking out

SYCMIOYO = Don't Want to Miss a Thing

And whoever is picking Bon 7ovi over Aerosmith needs to have his head examined. Listen to Toys in the Attic all the way through - Bon Jovi couldn't do that in a million years. Face it, Livin' on a Prayer is not your personal credo - it's a piece of garbage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom