Does Bono suffer from Napoleon Complex?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ruffian said:
but "short" is a relative term. What's the average height in western Europe? Americans consider "average" something like 5'11. Europeans seems much shorter. Bono might be considered average in Ireland. :shrug:

er.... europeans are taller than most americans.... well, western europeans that is...

ever been to Holland :wink: See Anton Corbijn, he's the average Dutchmans' height... Myself, I'm taller than Bono already, I'm around 5'9" now, so I'd be close to The Edge (yes very funny... not!) and in Ireland the people aren't all so short either..
ok we have Bono, Larry, Ali, Andrea Corr, Ann.... but they are just a few, and I'm sure there are plenty of tall persons in Ireland just as in any country :yes:

Well I was in Ireland this summer and from my observation I can tell people are generally shorter than in most European countries. Sure, people in Holland for example, are tall. But I think people there are classified as tallest in the world, or at least in Europe :hmm: I haven't been to Holland so I can't tell. But from what I've seen, Irish are shorter than Slovaks or Central Europeans in general...
What's quite interesting is that there's smaller difference in height between men and women in Ireland than in Slovakia. I would say women are taller (or of similar height) and men are shorter, well on average... if that makes sense
So I've come to conclusion that Bono is not that short when compared with other Irish guys.:nerd:
This is just my humble opinion, I wanted to contribute with my little research.:wink:

TheOriginal.jpg

...looks like it. :wink:

Hysterical more like, Awww all this would be so endearing if he wasn't such a meglomaniac! But's out of all of 'em he is my fave meglomaniac!:wink:

Hey I'm 5ft 4 - now do I have it in me to be a star, hmmmmm:hmm:

Greeks i think have the shortest average male height in Europe. In greece i tower over a lot of people :wink: .

I'm 5-4 so I still have a shot at rock greatness. :drool:

I make up for it by loudness and strange antics. People think I'm weird.

vaz02 said:
Greeks i think have the shortest average male height in Europe. In greece i tower over a lot of people :wink: .

Italians :wink: Man, they're SHORT! :lol: We went to Rome with school last year,.... and I met NOBODY as tall as me or my friend..... and this year exchange program a little north to Rome.... and they were all soo little :cute:

I think the average height is currently 5'9" for Europe...there was an article in a paper somewhere recently....can't quite recall.

Anyway I reckon Bono is about my height, i'm only 5'6" and a bit, and here in Ireland that is considered pretty short. My mates average about 6ft with the tallest hitting 6ft4. Luckily the girls here still end up shorter than me in general:wink:

The average height for a man in the U.S. is 5' 9.2", for a woman 5' 3.75".:wink: This is according to the National Center for Health statistics.

hmmm i wonder if i have it

i'm 5'0"

being short never bothered me that much though. it's probably easier as a girl. sure i wish i were taller but i don't mind too much. there are lots of things I'd change about myself before my height :shrug:

Has Bonos height ever been actually been 'reported' anywhere?
Cos.. sh*t if he's only 5'6" that's pretty damn short for a guy.
I'm about 5'6" or just over - which is in the average to upper height range for women apparently.

His shoes are pretty funny - they are so big and clunky. On stage those shoes look alright though - but when he wears the sandals with the huge sole - he looks pretty funny.

But he's such a cutie.
Unless of course you count the pic of him running.... in shorts, with socks and sneakers and... oh god. NO BONO NOOOOOOOO.

*ahem* Sorry.

B_Diddy_Ono said:

Cos.. sh*t if he's only 5'6" that's pretty damn short for a guy.

Yup. When he walked past me outside the Air Canada Centre, I was really surprised at just how short he was. He's the same height as me and I'm shorter than most other people I know, BOTH genders.

I found out I might not get taller than I am right now (5'6"), maybe like an inch or two.

So it's cool to see that Bono is that height too, it's better than having a role model who's in the NBA for more reasons than the height.

Short people do seem more aggressive than tall people. My dad is short and he's always ready to start something, while my cousin, who is way over six feet, is what you would call a gentle giant.

Last edited:
Rachel D. said:
Short people do seem more aggressive than tall people. My dad is short and he's always ready to start something, while my cousin, who is way over six feet, is what you would call a gentle giant.

my dad is tall and an aggressive idiot... so I don't think height has something to do with that.. :hmm:

Short people rock! I always feel uncomfortable in the presence of very tall people. I think Bono would be pretty much my height. That means eye contact. I like this.

5'3 is average for a woman in the US? Wow.

I'm 5'11 and I don't know many women taller than me... it used to be hard finding pants that were long enough. *L*
My closest friends are all a lot shorter, which is odd.

I met Edge and I was a fair bit taller than him, I think.

Back
Top Bottom