Does Bono really let audience members play his guitar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mister Nice

Babyface
Bono has some recurring banter in a few live performances.

Stand by Me(with the Boss): "Anybody else want to play my guitar?... Does Bruce Springsteen want to play my guitar?"

Southern Man: "You want to play this? You want to play my guitar? We found somebody in Chicago before who could play my guitar -- you think you can play it better than him?"

People Get Ready: "Anyone want to play my guitar? You want to play my guitar?...You want to play my guitar? Then you just come up here and play my guitar."

How many other times has Bono done this? Has he ever actually pulled someone up on stage to let them play?

I get his rhetorical point -- in the middle of Southern Man, he talks about first learning to play the song, and he thought all the great guitarists knew something he didn't and they had some trick up their sleeve, but now he knows that anyone can play the song; all it takes is three chords and the truth -- I just want to know if he's ever gone through with the gag.

Especially during the Joshua Tree Tour, he'd pull people on stage to play his guitar. The Syracuse DVD is a good example of this - and kind of funny as the girl hasn't a bloody clue how to play.

Back
Top Bottom