does bono just tell everyone he meets that he'll sing with them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
j-lo... beyoncee...

now this from u2log.com
R&B artist Blu Cantrell may be collaborating with Bono on a duet in the near future. Speaking to the Daily Star, Blu revealed: ?I met Bono at a party and we had a great conversation. He said he was a fan and I told him I loved his music ? so let?s hook up.?

If the collaboration happens, the song may appear on the duet album Bono is rumored to be compiling to raise funds for one of the charities in which he is involved.

if i ever meet bono in person, i'm gonna ask him to sing on my album.

Leeloo said:
Am I alone in feeling U2 is somehow cheapened by Bono teaming up with dodgy, evey jokeworthy people?

Why should it matter? It's Bono, not U2 doing the duet. And like U2Girl said, sometimes people need to come down off of their cloud and do something they might not normally do, for the sake of humanity.

I personally don't like the characters he hangs around with. Anyway, I think I'll ask him to sing with me on an album, too, when I meet him.:lol: I'm only half kidding. I'd have the guts to do it.:uhoh:

Last edited:
:eyebrow: Well, alot of these people I have not heard of, and I agree if it's for a good cause, and it is Bono doing this alone-so be it!! And hey, I don't have an album or a band-but I'll sing with him! Anyday!!!!:happy: :wave:

Oh please spare me the self righteous, look- at -me -I'm -so -pious bullshit speeches about 'the sake of humanity' I'm not talking about charity stuff, just other stuff. Besides I hardly think Bono singing with someone stupid is actually going to save the world. If it were that easy I'd hope he'd sing with Bush himself.

I wonder what makes Edge cringe more, the singing with the dodgy people or the shaking hands with dodgy politicians?;)

I just wish Bono would stop teaming up with useless, crappy artists who don't deserve airtime. It's ... demeaning to him and to U2. Yeah, it may just be him, but he's also the frontman of U2 and whenever people hear about Bono, do you really think they're not going to think of U2? Last thing I want is for U2 to be associated with loathsome artists.

MrBrau1 said:
Who cares? It's F'ing pop music.

Yes, it is, and what is Bono doing getting involved with it? Oh well, it IS his perogative. We don't have to listen to it. I do, anyway, though.:p (I love these smilies):yes:

Axver said:
I just wish Bono would stop teaming up with useless, crappy artists who don't deserve airtime. It's ... demeaning to him and to U2. Yeah, it may just be him, but he's also the frontman of U2 and whenever people hear about Bono, do you really think they're not going to think of U2? Last thing I want is for U2 to be associated with loathsome artists.

I tend to agree with you! :yikes:

:) I'm not sure where I stand on this- firmly undecided perhaps which is unusual for me, but the discussion title made me laugh.

LCK said:
:) I'm not sure where I stand on this- firmly undecided perhaps which is unusual for me, but the discussion title made me laugh.

thank you LCK... at least someone did... it was of course the point :shrug:

and i'll be looking forward to bono and dubya's rendition of I Still Haven't Found The Weapons of Mass Destruction That I'm Looking For

Yeah, but imagine his position: I mean, a recording artist approaches him, says what a huge fan they are....I mean, if he makes a hit by duetting with them, gets them a bit more well known, plus helps promote his own cause, where's the harm?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
and i'll be looking forward to bono and dubya's rendition of I Still Haven't Found The Weapons of Mass Destruction That I'm Looking For

BWAHAHAH!!! :lol: :up:

Y'know, most of what Bono says, he never ends up doing anyway....

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

BWAHAHAH!!! :lol: :up:

Y'know, most of what Bono says, he never ends up doing anyway....

Moreover he prolly doesn't even remember half the stuff he says! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom