Does Bono expect too much of himself?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wizard2c

Refugee
We all know Bono is quite an intense man.

I sometimes think he expects too much of himself......I mean he wants to write the best lyrics, sing the best songs, be the best husband and father, be a humanitarian to the world....but is it all just too much to ask of one's self.

Even though so many say he doesn't take himself seriously.....well I think he does take what he does to heart......and it has to be difficult when people criticize him for not writing the best lyrics, singing the best songs and most of all just trying to make this World a better place for those less fortunate.

But then if Mr B didn't expect the most of himself, would he still be Bono?

carol
wizard2c

:|

Let them criticize all they want. It comes from their own sense of inadequacy. Bono isn't Bono to gain personal favor of man. He does what he does b'c he's a man driven. Just imagine what this world would be like if half the people on the planet were this driven. :eyebrow:

Bono shows us what a person who is lucky enough to be in his position financially (and status-wise) is capable of when they are able to put the big picture ahead of their private lives..... A lot of "celebs" do token charity work here and there but Boogaloo has done his homework and is now an authority on the subject matter he tackles - to the point where most world leaders know who he is and know he is not full of shit!

Just imagine what this world would be like if half the people on the planet were this driven.

Hallelujah!
I wish i could be so motivated! Im sure the $$$ and "no day job" situation is a big factor though.....
Good on him for using his status for good..... :bow: :bono:

that is directed ti HelloAngel, KhanadaRhodes, kobayashi, Bonochick, bonosloveslave, neutral, pax, Sicy. btw

A celebrity in his position doesn't need to come and see the fans before every show, but he still does. He still needs to make that connection with the fans, is it to reassure himself that he and U2 still matter? :shrug: Maybe his work with DATA is one way he feels he's making a difference.

Either way, there's noone else quite like Bono and for taht I'm glad!

Cutters10C said:
that is directed ti HelloAngel, KhanadaRhodes, kobayashi, Bonochick, bonosloveslave, neutral, pax, Sicy. btw

What is directed at us? Why am I even mentioned here? I haven't been around these parts in over a month and don't even know you, dude. No one has called me a fucking piece of shit since my childhood, so thanks for bringing back good memories.

Cutters10C, I already warned you in another thread about unnecessary comments. This needs to stop. Mayhaps you need to review the FAQ.

Cutters10C said:

What about me? :sad:

Just because I am the new one, I get excluded from this? :sad:

:mad:

Back
Top Bottom