Does anyone think bono is a member if interference??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just read an interview with Jim Kerr in a belgian magazine and he said Bono visited the SM's site under a different name.

The reporter said he also tried to use Bono as a membername but it had already been taken, not by the real Bono, Jim assured :wink:

I know interference isn't their own official site so maybe they do go over at u2com (under an alias of course :der: )

edge.jpg

Well, the person who created Fake Edge is still on Zootopia - so have fun with that.

I gotta tell ya - when shit like this is brought up, I never know how to react because my feelings about it are just as hurt as anyone elses since I had nothing to do with it - most of us didn't. And it all makes the extreme amount of work we do for the rest of you all the more hard to bear when this shit is discussed.

So yeah.. :lmao: Or whatever.

But seriously, with all the bashing of the songs and setlists sometimes, if they do read them... ugh.

I think Bono even said a while back that he actually went on some websites and just couldn't take it with the amount of bashing that goes on.

greety said:
I just read an interview with Jim Kerr in a belgian magazine and he said Bono visited the SM's site under a different name.

The reporter said he also tried to use Bono as a membername but it had already been taken, not by the real Bono, Jim assured :wink:

I know interference isn't their own official site so maybe they do go over at u2com (under an alias of course :der: )

haha!! do you still have the article? could you post that part of the interview? i'd love to read it.

well, a lot of people assumed jim posted under a couple of aliases... (one was confirmed, supposedly), and would occasionally post in convos with bono (under his alias).

i can definitely think of two occasions where this could have been the case. funny shit, too. LOL

I've thought about this from time to time and I reckon if Bono was here he would get banned from a post in something like FYM. It wouldn't surprise me! :D :wink:

The band doesn't have time to spend on the Blue Crack like most of us addicts, but who knows maybe they pay personnel to surf and report to them. Gotta admit, this is a funny thread!

SiW87 said:

I think Bono even said a while back that he actually went on some websites and just couldn't take it with the amount of bashing that goes on.

He did say somethong like this on 2Fm back in June when they were home doing the Croke Park gigs. Here's a quote from the transcript published on @atu2.com

"Okay, your audience are genuine, they are not going to pull you aside, but even the U2 audience. Filming -- here's a classic example -- not this tour, last tour -- Elevation tour. We're filming the tour for the DVD in Boston. We have a row with our fans, right, because there's people on the road who are in the first row every night. There's like a caravan of them. We're saying, "Can we just play to, like, the people of the town we're in, instead of the one that's following us?" They organize a sitdown in the heart. We're filming. They sit down! You wouldn't do that while we're filming. I mean, we understand you make a protest but not while we're filming. So even our audience are rough.

Go to U2 internet sites, they're murder. I mean, where is this sycophancy, can I ask someone?"

greety said:

I bet he was that annoying German guy. lol. Where did you read this Greety? I would love to read the article. Im a Simple Minds fan too.

I remember on the old PROPER ZOOTOPIA :eyebrow: the band were members, with their proper names, I think...I saw Larry had posted in a thread once or twice...

Headache in a Suitcase said:

Hahaha! They made him a premium member and everything...did he pay?! :ohmy:

I think if any of them did come here, it would be under an alias, never with their real name. The time is long passed when anyone should get excited by someone claiming to be a band member, they always end up fake.

Back
Top Bottom