Does anyone think bono is a member if interference??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay so I was watching this show about U2 on FUSE TV and they are talking about fans and their expectaitons and concert sets etc.

Larry:...(the fan) they're much more interested in surprises and connections...

Bono: But it is harder to surprise them because they have looked at last night's set and that's tricky.

Edge: That's the world we are living in.

Adam: I think it's all part of getting to new people, for us to have this younger audience you kind of have to go to them and meet them in different places. So you take on that technology and you use that.

Edge: Every new step forward in technology has produced a new genre in music. I think that trend will continue.

Larry: U2 has always had a certain amount of mystery about it, the internet has certainly changed that but when we are playing a set and people know what is coming up sure there is a difficulty with that (image of U2.com webpage on screen).

Bono: When they think they know what is coming on next and you change that it can really throw them.

Larry: Yeah we can rustle up a song at sound check and play it live and people feel like that you want to surprise them and make it new.

Obviously they are aware of the internet as a tool of keeping tabs on their fans.

I have to say to the people earlier in this thread concerned with the bashing of the setlists/songs/whatever: We do it, or I do it at least, because I love the band and everything about them and I feel so familiar with their material. If I am bashing a song it is only relative to other u2 songs which I consider to be the best songs out there, or because I think they could have made it better with their talent, or because it includes the line "some places are like your auntie." Same for setlists - my first concert had a pretty typical setlist and I did nothing but rave about how amazing it was but the more I go/listen to streams the more I want to hear other songs I love or wish they'd change it up to something I liked better last time or just suprise me because I follow them so closely.

probably off topic by now, but had to get that off my chest...

Back
Top Bottom