Does anyone know what happened at Zootopia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ramblin rose

Site Team
Staff member
The entire free forum was deleted? Does anyone know what actually happened? How bad could the posts have been?

Also, the renewal dates are now gone from the profiles? Will they not even be renewing memberships for U2.com? or will your subscription not ever expire now?

I don't know about the expiration dates, but there was a notice up for a couple of days warning about misbehaving on the site and a threat about closing the free forum. I have no idea what actually happened, though 'cause I hardly ever go over there anymore, but it seems to me if you hand out an ultimatum like that to a bunch of trolls, it's asking for trouble. :shrug:

i just went and checked and got into zootopia fine :confused:

edit - oops, i didnt see you specified the free forum

Yeah, I mentioned that to Neutral this morning. :crack:
This should give the fans of the Inside Broadcast forum a thrill!

The thread over there doesn't really say much except there was apparently a lot of drama! I wonder if it was caused by the infamous :silent: we all know of over here :shifty:

That really isn't good....the trolls better not come here...i don't want this site to be ruined.
I'm still really curious to know what happened at U2.com i was over there on Sunday everything seemed calm ect...i come back yesterday...and its like world war three had just happened. :shrug:....life goes on ..

I have no idea. I haven't been there since around the time Bomb was released. Tried to go there just now to see what was there, and my login wouldn't even work.

one4u2 said:
The thread over there doesn't really say much except there was apparently a lot of drama! I wonder if it was caused by the infamous :silent: we all know of over here :shifty:

Oh no! Please don't tell me that the same person is causing trouble here too? This site is way better in every way than Zootopia! Every time I logged on over there, I noticed one person in particular trying to start fights with other people. It was really childish and really stupid. And now that person should know that it is ENTIRELY her fault that it was shut down! There were a few cool peeps over there... I wouldn't worry about any trolls coming over here! There's just one to worry about! I'm not sure what her screenname would be here though...

supposedly the site got way out of hand lastnight, and that was the last straw. but i was on there all night long till almost 3 in the morning, and things were fairly calm and collected. nothing going on really at all except for a couple of active birthday threads and some song vs song contests. it was pretty slow and boring if anything. so, i never ever really saw anything THAT bad go on in there anyway. yeah, there'd be arguing amongst individual members, or an odd "I hate u2" thread once in a random while... but nothing else that i noticed.

out of all the other message boards ive been on.. U2.com's been a really nice, funny, friendly, fun place.

every site will have the trolls and arguers.. but to shut down the whole forum? it makes no sense. and nothing was going on that was that bad the last couple of days. everything seemed, if anything.. better than before.

why dont they just ban the trouble-makers and keep banning 'em if they come back, and let the rest of us enjoy the forum?

it isnt right.

On U2.Com

U P D A T E A S O F 8 / 25 / 05

As most of you have seen, the free section has now been removed.

This came about as a necessary measure due to users non-compliance of forum rules, the site's Terms of Use and moderator directives.

Similar behavior in the subscribers area WILL NOT BE TOLERATED

We ask you all for your cooperation in maintaining a pleaseant environment

Thank you

:heart: I love interference :heart:

Zootopia used to be cool once upon a time! Not as cool as Interference, but I still loved it. It was fun, friendly...the only trolls could be found in the General Discussion area, and could be avoided. They should have never gotten rid of Tiscali and the sysops. :sad:

http://photobucket.com/albums/b57/dysprosium2005/?action=view&current=zoo100.gif

I MISS ZOOMING WITH GREG.

[/weirdreminiscingthatnoonewillunderstand]

But yes, Interference is going to get all the loonies now.

But it wouldn't be an internet forum without the loonies!

I'm sorry I missed the drama. I heart internet fandom drama ... except when I'm directly involved. Which I try not to be.

:wink:

The truth is that U2.com died a long time ago, a certain lady made sure of that. The trouble started to get out of hand last week and a warning was given out on tuesday but it was like showing a red rag to a bull, she got banned but came back with another username and rubbed everyones nose in it.. TWICE. I think her and one other made it there aim to get it shut down.

blueyedboy said:
The truth is that U2.com died a long time ago, a certain lady made sure of that. The trouble started to get out of hand last week and a warning was given out on tuesday but it was like showing a red rag to a bull, she got banned but came back with another username and rubbed everyones nose in it.. TWICE. I think her and one other made it there aim to get it shut down.

Who was this lady? Is she on Interference?

Sicy would have whooped their asses long ago.
That site's main problem is/was/always will be a lack of mods. Haven't been there recently, but in the past they were usually no where to be found.
The mods at this site do a pretty darn good job at keeping things sane and organized. Lord knows that's not easy with the almost -what is it now?- 40,000 members here. (OMFG! stage fright! :reject: )

angel_28 said:
That really isn't good....the trolls better not come here...i don't want this site to be ruined.
I'm still really curious to know what happened at U2.com i was over there on Sunday everything seemed calm ect...i come back yesterday...and its like world war three had just happened. :shrug:....life goes on ..

don't worry about this site being ruined. Sicy, Elvis and all the other mods do a super job of keeping this place up. I dare say they do a lot of work that we never even know has happened.

U2dork said:
Yeah, I mentioned that to Neutral this morning. :crack:
This should give the fans of the Inside Broadcast forum a thrill!

:lmao: :applaud:

...but the poor mods... :sad:

U2dork said:
Sicy would have whooped their asses long ago.
That site's main problem is/was/always will be a lack of mods. Haven't been there recently, but in the past they were usually no where to be found.
The mods at this site do a pretty darn good job at keeping things sane and organized. Lord knows that's not easy with the almost -what is it now?- 40,000 members here. (OMFG! stage fright! :reject: )

I wouldn't get too wigged out about those 40,000 members...I was really bored one night and looked through the members list...less than half have ever posted, or haven't posted more than once. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom