Does anyone know what happened at Zootopia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really can't believe they haven't started doing IP bans yet. Everyone knows username bans are useless and totally ineffective unless you have 15 mods on watch at all times like we do here :wink:

ramblin rose said:
So it looks like Zootopia has a new strategy. Instead of deleting threads they are locking them. Maybe they want everyone to see the bullshit so people can't criticize the decisions they make afterwards.

The Rita person has already tried to start about 5 threads all of which have been locked.

Curiosity got the best of me. What I can't believe is that she's still posting in other threads besides the ones she starts. Who's running that show?

Where's that popcorn eatting smilie of Neutral's?

So, basicly, they're just locking all threads that this person starts? Interesting plan...

ultravioletluvv said:

Well, i missed the "last straw" incident... but from what i hear, it involved her and two other people known to cause trouble... the 3 of them fought with eachother alot and were warned repeatedly to stop posting all their drama... they were warned for quite a while... the mods actually posted a warning letter that they would shut it down and those 3 still didn't listen... apparently their last posts involved one of them threatening to blackmail the other with private PM's and just really stupid shit... from what i saw of those 2 girls, they are in need of some serious therapy! it is amazing how one person is the cause of all this, but believe me, it's the truth...
The Zoo became a very pitiful place.....I can't stand drama!!
It is good to see you here ultraviolet!!
Interference is hands down much better and much less dramatic than the Zoo.....btw..the Zoo has re-opened, but I don't think I will spend much time there anymore :)

namkcuR said:
I really can't believe they haven't started doing IP bans yet. Everyone knows username bans are useless and totally ineffective unless you have 15 mods on watch at all times like we do here :wink:

IP bans are difficult. The person can still post from their work, friends house, the library, internet cafe, etc.

Banning an IP sequence may lock out an entire small town.

beli said:

IP bans are difficult. The person can still post from their work, friends house, the library, internet cafe, etc.

Banning an IP sequence may lock out an entire small town.

I'm aware of this. So let's say you ban an IP. Should that user log on again, ban the IP he/she's on then too. Contine to ban the IP every time the user logs on. Sooner or later he/she'll run out of places to log on. This is assuming that every IP he/she uses is static...which, admitedly, is a big if.

neverman said:
.....I can't stand drama!!

Interference is hands down much better and much less dramatic than the Zoo.....btw..the Zoo has re-opened, but I don't think I will spend much time there anymore :)

:shifty:

This place has it's share of drama (to be fair, it's not just here, every forum does), but it is generally pretty good. I actually feel that fan-run band forums are better than official ones -- at least the ones I have seen are. Maybe it does have a lot to do with troublemakers gravitating to a band's official site.

Curiosity also got the best of me, so I went to U2.com to see what was up....what a confusing site! Aarrgghhh! Took me ages to figure out how to sign up for the free membership (I couldn't see even the free forum without doing that...is that normal there?).

namkcuR said:

I'm aware of this. So let's say you ban an IP. Should that user log on again, ban the IP he/she's on then too. Contine to ban the IP every time the user logs on. Sooner or later he/she'll run out of places to log on. This is assuming that every IP he/she uses is static...which, admitedly, is a big if.

If you are banning static IP addresses I imagine you could do that. Mind you if the person is posting from librarys etc then this will inconvenience honest people.

But it is endless. Ive banned IPs before (on another site) and the same person kept coming back time again under different IPs. Its really quite tiresome./ time consuming.

Theres a few options that trolls can use to reenter a site. I'm not going to discuss them publicly but its more difficult to IP ban than it may appear.

ramblin rose said:

The Rita person has already tried to start about 5 threads all of which have been locked.

She is pathetic :| She also claimed to know the band with whatever connections she has :rolleyes:

U2dork said:
Where's that popcorn eatting smilie of Neutral's?

So, basicly, they're just locking all threads that this person starts? Interesting plan...

popcorn.gif

neverman said:
The Zoo became a very pitiful place.....I can't stand drama!!
It is good to see you here ultraviolet!!

It's good to see you too! Yeah, that place will never be the same... Interference has always been a better site... It's just so BIG! I have to learn how to navigate it better... And that Rita woman definitely has to have mental problems... So many people are asking her to leave, including the mods and she still won't stop posting... and they can't stop her... they just keep locking her threads... it's sad really.

Back
Top Bottom