Does anyone know the status of the "Stuck" video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POPMUZZZIK

The Fly
I know some other people have mentioned it already, but will the Stuck video be released at all here in the U.S.??

I can't seem to figure out why it wouldn't be released. Walk On was never released as a single here in the U.S., but they had a video for it. And it made it to #7 on VH1 and was on MTV and MTV2 frequently.

Now they release Stuck, but no video with it (as of this weekend, anyway) If they don't have a video for Stuck, I hope that doesn't slow down the popularity of the song. It seems to be catching on a little.

Weren't they shooting a video for Stuck in a footbal stadium, or something like that? Well only time will tell, but I hope the video gets played here in the U.S.

Does anyone have any new info. on the status of the video?

Good question! I was just wondering about this today!
smile.gif

------------------
BOOM-CHA

The day after the show in Berlin they were filming a video for "Stuck" in the "Max Schmeling Halle" (an arena in Berlin). The theme of the video should be Football. They invited german comedian Michael Mittermeier, who had supported the band the night before to play a small role in this video. On german news sites I read that this video was made for the US market. That's all I know about it - not much, sorry!

annalivia

Re: Does anyone know the status of the "Stuck" video?

POPMUZZZIK said:
I know some other people have mentioned it already, but will the Stuck video be released at all here in the U.S.??

I can't seem to figure out why it wouldn't be released. Walk On was never released as a single here in the U.S., but they had a video for it. And it made it to #7 on VH1 and was on MTV and MTV2 frequently.

Now they release Stuck, but no video with it (as of this weekend, anyway) If they don't have a video for Stuck, I hope that doesn't slow down the popularity of the song. It seems to be catching on a little.

Weren't they shooting a video for Stuck in a footbal stadium, or something like that? Well only time will tell, but I hope the video gets played here in the U.S.

Does anyone have any new info. on the status of the video?

As far as I know, I think they've started playing the football stadium version of 'Stuck In A Moment' here in the U.S. They have only played the 'Europe' version a few times, though.

Hope this helps!

-Miggy D

Go Stuck! I think it deserves an appreciation thread. One of the greatest ballads in U2 history! (and my wedding song as well... :up: )

:lol:

'Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of" was your wedding song?

Well, I guess one couldn't pick a more appropriate song about the eternal, sometimes confining bonds of marriage. :wink:

-Miggy D

True... our rationale was that we wanted our wedding night to last for as long as we could and that is why we wanted to be "stuck in a moment"... makes sense?

And, plus, we got married in Argentina and nobody cared much about the lyrics anyway... :yes:

Ah...I never thought of it that way.

I suppose then the lyrics should be "Stuck in a moment you don't want to get out of." 'Can't' implies that you are trying to get out of the moment, but are unable to. But I 'get it' now.

Good point about the Argentina thing, though.

I've thought about having a U2 song at my wedding, if and when it finally happens, and I honestly can't think of any one song that doesn't have a downbeat/negative spin.

With Or Without You? Right...
One? A little too rocky...
The Sweetest Thing? Even this one is bittersweet...
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For? That's a fairly obvious no.

U2 doesn't seem to make 'happy, lovey dovey love songs', which is a drag for my wedding prospects, but good for U2's catalog. Syrupy sweet love songs are so unrealistic, since love is never that way....but on my wedding day, for at least a moment, I would like to believe that it is. :)

-Miggy D

Hmmm, it depends. My sense is that for a wedding you should go that you can identify yourself with. Even if the lyrics are not as optimistic, if the song means a lot to you, it deserves to be played there.

I would have gone with "One" or "With or Without You" but these songs have been used forever in weddings and we wanted to be a little more original. The DJ came up with a pretty good suggestion, which was a live version of "Angel of Harlem" when Bono sings the initial part of Wagner's wedding march at the beginning, but the quality of the recording was relatively poor to be amplified and played in a big hall. And also, Angel of Harlem is not one of my U2 favorites.

Overall, I guess that, for me, identification with and love for the song came first. Actual lyrics came way behind.

all i want is you & where the streets have no name are probably the most lovey dovey u2 songs, all the other ones that people think are lovey dovey actually aren't:

With or without you
Sweetest Thing
One
Electrical Storm
Love is Blindness
(and more that i can't think of right now)

all about breaking up or relationship troubles

U2@NYC said:
True, "All I Want Is You" could have been a good choice... I just found it too mellow for such a happy moment.

Great choice if you're in a one-sided love affair. I've always wondered why people think it's a great love song; when one person wants this, that and the other material thing, but the singer only wants the other person. Hmmmm....

Despite its title, Drowning Man is the closest to a love song U2 has.

Back
Top Bottom