Does anyone have the Achtung Baby CD in a cardboard case?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BostonAnne

Refugee
Is the cardboard version a common thing?

I got the Achtung Baby CD soon after it's release and the case that I have is cardboard and a little oversized compared to the standard plastic cases. I was always wondering if it is a limited edition?

If it is, I'm bumming because yesterday my 21 month old son got ahold of it and ripped it up! I was able to tape it back together ok, but lost a lot of value if it is a collectors item! Not that I'd be willing to part with it anyhow!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

So now I have a very rare taped up edition!
frown.gif

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

I bought one used for $8 last December.

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

Boston Anne...if it is any comfort to you...I bought Achtung Baby when it first came out, and it was in the cardboard holder as well, and I for one took pride in having it, and considered it a collector's item. Well about two years ago, we got two new dogs, and one day we kept them in the house, and they ate my Achtung Baby cardboard case and cd! I, for the life of me, still don't know why those dogs are still alive.
wink.gif

Chris

Got one too!! And, not to worry, since it's my only copy, it looks very used!!! I think the rare one is the cardboard case with Adam's willie not 'x'ed off.

It's the one I've been listening to the most these days.

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

i have the cardboard one and it's the only i have seen. all my friends have the jewel case version. and i have the vinyl lp without the x over adams dork. is that rare and worth something?

------------------
teach me love;
i know i'm not a hopeless case

Yeah I have that but I got a regular case one cause the cardboard one is wearing out....

I guess they used a cardboard case at first cause it was more environment-friendly but eventually put it out in a regular case anyways

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Take me to that other place...

Originally posted by spanisheyes:
Boston Anne...if it is any comfort to you...I bought Achtung Baby when it first came out, and it was in the cardboard holder as well, and I for one took pride in having it, and considered it a collector's item. Well about two years ago, we got two new dogs, and one day we kept them in the house, and they ate my Achtung Baby cardboard case and cd! I, for the life of me, still don't know why those dogs are still alive.
wink.gif

Chris

OH NO Chris! There could be hope for another one - I am gathering from this thread that if we all look (at yard sales, etc.) that they may still be out there and can be found for a great deal! I just can't imagine finding U2 amongst unwanted CD's!

------------------

O...my brother has the cardboardy one. I've been keeping it hostage for 4 years. I bought my own and had to settle for the jewel case one....they have the cardboard ones used in some places.

*this was my most boring post ever*

------------------
~*Mona*~
LOVE me, give me SOUL

You give your life for rock n' roll

Hi,

I also got it used for $10 a couple of months ago and it was worn from the edges. I don't know if they are collectables but it's great to have this for the black and white pictures inside.

I got mine in 91/92, its still in decent condittion, I wouldnt take $500 for it. It was the 5th CD I ever owned, but I did get the cassette on Nov 11th 1991, the day it came out.

[This message has been edited by U2DMfan (edited 01-23-2002).]

I got mine 3 years ago bran new for 11 bucks at a "collectibles" store near me.
smile.gif

------------------
"Rhythm is the sex of music" - Edge

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Back
Top Bottom