Does anyone have advice on how to fight a 6'5, 250lb jealous ex-fiance?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano

Refugee
My girlfriend's ex-fiance is back in the picture after about 5 months. I saw him at a bar recently and started throwing bottles of beer, screaming obsenities, and making threats toward me. I've never been in a physical fight, so I'd like to know if any interferencers would offer good advice on self-defense, etc.

I'm about 6'2 and weigh around 220, so it's not as mismatched as you may think. However, I'm one of those 'gentle-giants', who wouldn't harm a fly. Now, I've learned that this Bruno type character is going to create a hostile environment the next time we cross paths.

I'll keep you posted, but I need some advice ASAP!
smile.gif

Oh, yeah...and this isn't like a version of "Fight Club", so don't take it lightly
smile.gif

Ciao

Baseball bat?.....Baseball bat?.....HOLY SHIT, that might just work!!!!!!! LOL

You know, I'd like to be able to take him down all by myself. I don't want to kill the guy, but I do want to show him I mean business.

*A group of friends, will only bring HIS friends into the fight, right? Is that a good idea? Will that cause us to resort to gangs for our eternity in this small, Oklahoma town?

*A baseball bat would be very effective, but then he might come after ME with a bat, and then what do I do? I don't want to give him any reason to bring this to the NEXT LEVEL. Wouldn't hand-to-hand be the most admirable thing to do?

Forget the baseball bat or "a couple of friends." Just take DiamondBruno9 with you; he is a "Bruno" type as well, and, after all, "the big guy IS made of STEEL" as Bono told us.

Ideally, "walk away" is the best choice, but I have dealt with too many thugs in life who take this as a challenge to pursue you. And you cannot spend all of your time wondering if he is around the corner and leaving every bar/restaurant where he shows up. As Sting says:

"Confront your enemies, avoid them when you can;
A gentleman will walk but never run."

Personally, I think such trashy thugs should spend the rest of their lives in jail, where they can't harm and harass people.

Best of luck, and DON'T let him break you and your girlfriend up.

~U2Alabama

Is it not possible to simply avoid him?
Not to sound like a mother, but fighting him is not going to solve anything. It might make you feel a short lived sense of satisfaction, but it could create even more trouble down the road.
He sounds like a fighter, so one fight probably won't be enough for him. The next thing you know you are faced with 5 200lb guys and have a kife in your side.
Sorry to be gross, but that is reality these days...
Don't fight.

Purchase a suit of plate mail. I think they sell for 750 gold pieces at Garth's Olde Equipment Shoppe.

Walk away, you're already better than him.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Dano-
Maybe we can book you on The Sally Jesse Rapheal Show?
And the three of you could talk it out?

Diamond

bwahahaha. Or you could go on Springer and fight it out for an screaming crowd.
tongue.gif

If youre going to tote a baseball bat around in your car or something, be sure to have a ball, a glove, and maybe some spikes, because if you get pulled over and a cop finds just a baseball bat in your car you could be in for some serious shit.

I think Sicy and I can get someone to help ya out.
wink.gif
wink.gif

j/k...walk away, it's not worth it. He's the one with the issues, not you.

smile.gif

------------------
She not waiting on a saviour to come
She's at a bus stop with the news of the world and the sun sun here it comes
She's not waiting for anyone

The Lemon Pure PopAngel

Avoidance is always the best policy, but as a punk rock chick who has gotten herself into multiple fights, I know that sometimes that just is not an option. Therefor here is my official martial arts advice (I'm in training to be a wing chun boxer.)
The first rule of fighting is don't fight angry. The second however is more important in your case and that is: box a kicker kick a boxer. Being as this dude is your average pissed off big guy in a bar I am going to assume that he is a boxer. Therefore when he goes to punch you, drop down and kick one of his knees sideways from the outside in. The fight will be over in about two seconds, you will have beaten him and it'll be his fault. Never be the one to attack though, he has ot provoke it. Oh and head butt him for good measure if he gets back up. This has been my 'I'm deadly serious take this advice" moment. Good luck!

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

http://www.iloveham.com/

Let me near him to bite his balls off, stick and twist a nail up his arse and finally ram-knee him to punch his arsey parsley sorry face before blowing him over, Im small enough to do that......

I know this aint waht u want but Id be doing it, not ye, and we can say Im from Whoyafukylookyateh? Village........

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 01-31-2002).]

Originally posted by mad1:
Let me near him to bite his balls off, stick and twist a nail up his arse and finally ram-knee him to punch his arsey parsley sorry face before blowing him over, Im small enough to do that......

I'd let her do it, Dano!! That would certainly take care of him!!

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

<------ packing suitcases to move to Ireland

It's gotta be better than this place!! Maddie, start looking for a place for me to rent.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

"Scream 'I'm a hemophiliac!' Then when he turns away, kick him in the back."-- Homer Simpson

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Back
Top Bottom