Does anyone have a U2-hater at their work place?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saracene

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Melbourne, Australia, some time after tea
I'm working with this guy who REALLY dislikes U2; every time their songs come on the radio he goes, "oh no, not this shit again!!" Apparently he's one of those people who hate U2 because they think that Bono is a total wanker. And also probably because U2 don't raaaaaawk like Cold Chisel or AC/DC do.

Anyway, I foresee months of entertainment,
smile.gif

no i dont...but i did have a guy at uni use a presentation to rip into U2, which was a bit hard to take sitting down.

hahahaha Cold Chisel hahahahahaha yes they do come from my home town but gawd...if u ever heard 'shippin steel' youd know what i meant
biggrin.gif

3 and right now they are palnning to kill me by the night as I'm playing Walk On single version.

------------------
ALL THIS THAT

my best friend hates U2. (i should ditch her!) she says she doesn't like activists, they annoy her. (this is because she is unable to form her own opinion on anything.)
mad.gif

the only songs she likes are beautiful day and sweetest thing. i sent her the mp3 of summer rain and she hated it! she said "it's not that bad, for U2!" but i think she was offended because i told her i didn't like this acoustic version of a weezer song that she sent me. (she doesn't even like weezer, she has a crush on a boy who likes weezer.)

she really annoys me sometimes. she likes whiney bands like everclear and three doors down.
icon13.gif

------------------
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Remember, kids, when asking for candy you should consider replacing "treat" with another delicious word, the birthday boy's name...

TRICK OR LARRY!!!

Love,
Emily

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

None of my co-workers are U2 fans...according to them, U2 are "old queers".

Well...there's ONE guy I work with who says "they're not bad."

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I don't know why I used that smiley...lol

Anyways, my co-workers are fully aware of my obsession, but I don't think any of them hate U2. I get a lot of, "Oh, I heard one of your boys' songs today", or "Oh, your guys were in the paper yesterday", so they're cool with it for the most part.
smile.gif
I also hear things like, "Those look like Bono sunglasses" in reference to my sunglasses, or a collective sigh when I tell them it's Larry's birthday. lol

------------------
Fan named Matt (as a fellow fan prepares to take a picture of him with Larry): "You know Larry, I'm a drummer in a band too."

Larry (looks at fan and shrugs, smiling pleasantly toward the camera): "Well, Matt, we all have our problems."

~*April*~

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

I don't really have any U2 haters at my job. The worst you'll find is a comment like "they haven't done anything good since One". Most of them like them.

It's cool being the only avid U2 fan at my job though, cause whenever anyone(co-workers and friends) hear a U2 song in the Radio, they automatically think of me. Which means people are thinking of me constantly.

Go get him Saracene!! Educate his mind.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 11-02-2001).]

Originally posted by madonna's child:
i sent her the mp3 of summer rain and she hated it
icon13.gif

whats that summer rain song ive never heard it

the drumer from my band hates u2. he says that they suck and that "stuck" sucks.
he says every song sucks. it just bothers me because he only likes heavy stuff while im the mellow guy in the band. and he hates when i sing lemon, becuase i do with that high pitched bono falsetto. (i think i do it really well)
viva u2

Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy:
whats that summer rain song ive never heard it
it's a b-side from ATYCLB. it's rather acoustic and has great lyrics, i really like it. i sent it to my friend because she's a sucker for great lyrics. i guess she doesn't "get" bono. i think it should have made the album cut, but whatever. it's on the "beautiful day" single, too.

smile.gif

------------------
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Remember, kids, when asking for candy you should consider replacing "treat" with another delicious word, the birthday boy's name...

TRICK OR LARRY!!!

Love,
Emily

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

My best friend Katie (at school, I don't work) takes full advantage of every opportunity she's given to express her hatred for Bono! She says he's old and ugly and gay! Poor Bono.

She likes the idea of Larry's man cleavage though
wink.gif

My friend Erin calls them
Bon-OH!!!! she loves Bono
Gay Larry
Scary Edge Falsetto Man
Adam WHO?

hehh

------------------
~*Mona*~
Ramble on,
Sing my song

WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DON'T NEED IT NOW
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN FEEL IT SOMEHOW

Originally posted by TheU2:
I hate U2 fans that hate people that hate U2.

CK
*needs to diagram sentence*

if they're my friends, it's OK. I've already brainwashed one of my friends into a MacPhisto-lovin, Edge shoe-wearing U2maniac
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"It's not rocket surgery" ~My KatiePie

WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DON'T NEED IT NOW
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN FEEL IT SOMEHOW

Originally posted by WildHonee:

if they're my friends, it's OK. I've already brainwashed one of my friends into a MacPhisto-lovin, Edge shoe-wearing U2maniac
smile.gif

But what if they aren't your friends...

CK

[This message has been edited by TheU2 (edited 11-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by TheU2 (edited 11-01-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom