Does anyone else not buy this whole half time rumour......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
about them coming out on motorcycles and playing Elevation and Streets. This is supposed to be an inspirational halftime show to pay tribute to the victims of Sept. 11. I HIGHLY doubt that U2 are going to ride Harley Davidsons to the stage, and I don't think they are going to release ahead of time what songs they are going to play....hasn't WENN come out with "stories" like this before?

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

Hi Hitman! I think it's a load of crap, too. The whole thing would be so lame that it would be unwatchable. Oh, sure, Harleys CAN be cool, but not the new ones, not at the Superbowl, and certainly not the way the idiots at HD would have it done. Just look at their new bikes; they suck.

------------------
...the highway speaks of deserts dry...

I decided not to believe anything until I see it.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I decided not to believe anything until I see it.

Ditto..... I just want all my non U2 listening friends to be BLOWN away at our big superbowl get together!!

beLIEve

biggrin.gif

Everything you know is wrong

When I first heard it I thought it was a load of crap. But now multiple sources are reporting this as news, so I'm not sure what to think. I really thought it would be Beautiful Day and One.

And I must admit that like many here, I wince at the thought of those dancers accompanying a song like Elevation, which represents so well the concept of 4 guys jamming in a room together.

when at the Superbowl do they NOT have dancers?
rolleyes.gif

*sigh*

but yeah, you think they could make an exception for the greatest rock 'n roll band in the world.
tongue.gif

-sula

I don't know why but this is giving me an uneasy feeling....it could go either way.....really great or ridiculous !

Well U2 are walking a thin line these days, so who knows? And that's not knocking them by the way, just acknowledging that they play to a VERY broad audience in the things they say and do.

me: "I can't *wait* to watch the superbowl this year"
confused friends & family: "Whattt? Who are you cheering for?
me: "The halftime show!"

haha

you know you've got tooo belieeeve...

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

** U2 Take Me Higher ** <--my "spoons"

Jazz man bass man cool -bluey-

*If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane!*

Originally posted by Kieran McConville:
Well U2 are walking a thin line these days, so who knows? And that's not knocking them by the way, just acknowledging that they play to a VERY broad audience in the things they say and do.

You're right. AND, they seem to be the boys who can't say no: 1. The lame Elevation video that apparently they didn't know much about till the day of shooting. 2. The NBA thing last year. 3. The lame ABC New Year's show. 4. Fudging on the dates of the DVD shows. I love them, but I wish they be a little more discriminating in what they associate themselves with and how they go about it.

------------------
...the highway speaks of deserts dry...

Originally posted by martha:
You're right. AND, they seem to be the boys who can't say no: 1. The lame Elevation video that apparently they didn't know much about till the day of shooting. 2. The NBA thing last year. 3. The lame ABC New Year's show. 4. Fudging on the dates of the DVD shows. I love them, but I wish they be a little more discriminating in what they associate themselves with and how they go about it.

IMO all their newest videos have been mildly OK at best. And as I've no access to DVD, concerts (in Australia) and the like, for me it really is about just the music these days.

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
I'm trying not to get too excited about it, since I've been dissapointed before (NBA half-time, NYE special). I just hope it's not embarrassing.
redface.gif

What was dissapointing about the NBA halftime show? I never saw it, but I thought that it was there performance on the Boston DVD? How could that be dissapointing?

------------------
...to the mystery of all that you should ever leave behind, in time.

Just my opinion, but I thought the NBA thing was really really cool.

I'm not so sure about this superbowl rumour tho. Now that sounds cheezy!!!

Please God, no dancers.

3 guys will ride out on Harleys. The Edge will sit on a Harley with his hands behind his back, press a pedal with his foot, and the bike will move.

Originally posted by sv:
3 guys will ride out on Harleys. The Edge will sit on a Harley with his hands behind his back, press a pedal with his foot, and the bike will move.

lmao. With Cape Canaveral at his feet every night, you could expect no less from the Edge man.
biggrin.gif

I thought they were going to be given a 10 minute slot to do whatever they want, thus a secret. Now WENN releases the songs? Sounds fishy.

I hope it's NOT true. The NBA thing was cool, but still slightly a sell-out move.
NFL would be too much for me. I'll be switching to the playmate thing anyway....just kidding.

Originally posted by Ava Adore:
What was dissapointing about the NBA halftime show? I never saw it, but I thought that it was there performance on the Boston DVD? How could that be dissapointing?

The performance itself wasn't dissapointing, it was just the fact that they were doing something like that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. But I got over it, hey it's U2, right?
smile.gif

------------------
I know your garden's full
But is there sweetness at all?

This rumor sounds EXACTLY like what would happen at a Superbowl halftime show. Do they other 3 guys even know how to ride motorcycles?

------------------

I watched you suffer a dull aching pain,
Now you've decided to show me the same
No sweeping exits or offstage lines
Can make me feel bitter or treat you unkind

Back
Top Bottom