Does anybody else smell DELAY???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ZOOTOPIA IS DOWN FOR A SHORT WHILE....

... DON'T WORRY, IT WILL BE BACK BEFORE YOU KNOW IT...

AND WITH A WHOLE NEW LOOK AND STYLE, WE HOPE YOU'LL FIND THE UPDATED VERSION BETTER THAN EVER!

could the form have a new album look to it, i think the album is done. they are just listening to it over and over again. hey they know what they want which is good!

do we know how many songs they have recorded after 2001?
more than 20 i hope. we will get some b sides yaaaaaaaa.

and you all know bono is going here and there. so the album is done!

There isn't a delay. How do I know this? I'm really hoping that for once, the statement "if you think it enough, it'll come true" will prove accurate.

But honestly, I can't see a delay. Everything we're hearing is pointing towards a release by April 2004. Things seem to be wrapping up, like they're doing finishing touches and making sure it all sounds good.

Damn I hope I'm right.

U2DMfan said:
The Waits:

Rattle and Hum 10-88
AB 11-91 (3 years, 1 month)
Zooropa 5-93 (1 year, 6 months)
POP 3-97 (3 years, 10 months)
ATYCLB 10-00 (3 years, 7 months)

April 2004 would be (3 years, 6 months)

So really it's not all that unique for them. Zooropa was intended to be an EP, because the band were headed right back out to tour after they were done recording, so it explains that quick release.

This is par for the course, it will be out in 6 or 7 months either way. I HOPE!

Exactly.

Heck, I found a review from People magazine for ATYCLB, and underneath the picture of the guys, it said that they'd returned after a three-year layoff.

So I don't understand why people seem so shocked that they're still working on the album.

It'll be out soon. Don't worry. Just be patient.

Angela

I was fortunate to speak with Paul McGuinness in Dublin last month and he seemed confident that the album would be out at Easter.

When I mentioned this here a few weeks ago Acrobat your freindly response was, 'Paul McGuinness told you shit'.

In light of that I have decided that U2's manager has lost his mind and you are infact correct and the album won't be released until 2009.

It will be out in time for the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame induction...guarenteed. That's great publicity, and will boost sales, ala the Super Bowl.

You should be talking about the induction instead...

hall of fame induction? boy came out in 1980... it has to be 25 years since your first induction to be inducted. unless they count u2:3, released in '79, as their first release... but i always thought it was your first album :shrug: i could be wrong.

the album will be released in 5 years... and it will be called chinese democracy

Last edited:
Jim said:
I was fortunate to speak with Paul McGuinness in Dublin last month and he seemed confident that the album would be out at Easter.

When I mentioned this here a few weeks ago Acrobat your freindly response was, 'Paul McGuinness told you shit'.

In light of that I have decided that U2's manager has lost his mind and you are infact correct and the album won't be released until 2009.

Yeah, sorry about that. Sometimes things can be taken wrong, and this is one of those. I was kinda just wanting you to tell us how you know Paul McGuiness, and verify your information a little more for us all. But that was wrong to say that, and I'm sorry. These threads are not for getting personal with each other, and I won't do anything rude like that again.

Anyhow, how did you meet Paul McGuinness, and what else was said during your meeting?

And about the 2009 thing........I guarantee that the NEXT album after Solar ;) will come out in 2008/2009. That'll be a long, boring wait.

I had a quick conversation with him in the jacks during the Gavin Friday show..I don't know him personally.

A portaloo in a Dublin backstreet - very rock n roll!

Yeah, sorry about that. Sometimes things can be taken wrong, and this is one of those. I was kinda just wanting you to tell us how you know Paul McGuiness, and verify your information a little more for us all. But that was wrong to say that, and I'm sorry. These threads are not for getting personal with each other, and I won't do anything rude like that again.

THE ACROBAT
Total asshole
Yet again

How can there be a delay when there was never a solid release date? I'm not worried about the album never coming out or the band losing momentum or anything like that. It's not like U2 has been sitting around eating bon-bons and watching soap operas since ATYCLB came out. There was a major world tour; the creation of the Best of CD and DVD, including remixes and the creation of at least two new songs (Electrical Storm and The Hands That Built America); Bono's Peter and the Wolf project; the In America soundtrack; the Slane DVD; the births of at least two children; dozens of award shows; at least one wedding; protest marches; meetings with world leaders; chat show appearances; and so on. I think they've been working their butts off and I trust their judgement of whether this album is wrapped or not.

APBIRDY said:

THE ACROBAT
Total asshole
Yet again

Okay, that was a total apology. I really am sorry that I offended him, and wanted to let him know that. I make no excuses for myself, because what I said to Jim was out of line. Hopefully he can accept my apology.

Now what you just said was completely uncalled for also. I hope you feel good about yourself. You don't know that I'm a total asshole at all. You know nothing about me, or about what kind of person I am or life I lead. All you know me as is The Acrobat. But you are just as guilty as I was when I made that rude comment. If you point at me and call me an asshole, there are 3 more fingers pointing back at you, if you get me.

sehorn.jpg

The_acrobat said:
Lately, there has just been a foul stinch in the air. It's not a fart or a dead animal, it's the smell of U2 delaying their album past march. Daniel Lanois came in, first of all. This probably means he'll give them input (aka "Start completely over"), and take them in a different direction. Also, the fact that Bono and Edge said the songs are shite and that they need to go back to the drawing board makes me think that they aren't as far along as we'd all like to believe.

Though the delay sucks, I would never want U2 to put something out that they were not happy with. Does anybody smell it?

good call

Actually, I posted this back in like October, whenever Daniel went into help them in the studio. That was just my prediction at the time. Time will tell how accurate I really was.

if there really is a delay I hope it is because they reworking the album into the acoustic masterpiece I'm hoping for

With all I've read now, I think they just need to finish up the vocals. You know I'd be mad if Bono was on some vacation, or head trip, but I really feel what he is doing is important. So while I'm disappointed I'll have to wait 8 to 9 more months, I can live with it.

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
Calm down everyone and don't be so impatient!

If there's a delay, then so be it. I would definitly rather wait longer for an album that the band were completely happy with instead of having a repeat of POP (which the band were pressurised into releasing early). We've waited three years, I don't think another six months, or even a year, will make too much of a difference.

And anyway we have over 22 years of past work to keep us entertained along the way - ten studio albums, live albums, greatest hits and countless "unofficial shows" across the web.

So chill out, it'll come when it comes! :)

yes of course, you're showing a good way, but i was quite happy with the idea of a raw rock'n'roll album!!! the delay, and the presence of dan lanois, means probably that they gonna do an album similar to the last one or to past ones, but i want still hope that there's gonna be a heavy edge guitar, i think u2 should do a very tough rock album, i mean, atyclb was a quite good album, but probably not good enough...like achtung baby for instance, the one which i judge their best album at all, what do you mean hugger, are you agree with what i'm saying?

well, the reason the album is delayed is because they had to spend too much time on remixing those Pop songs for the second best of cd

a pity, but it had to be done

Back
Top Bottom