Does anybody else love The Ground Beneath Her Feet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bastian

The Fly
I'm crazy for that song, I think it's so fucking beautiful!:heart: :heart: :heart:
It can give me amazing and deep feelings like no other U2s tune.
what about you?

Last edited:
let's joost say I have a slight obsession with that song....

I love that song too! I can never get tired of it lol...like I put it on repeat and leave it playing for a few hours straight O_O
And I have a collection going...trying to find all the live versions of that song :shifty:

:heart: TGBHF :heart:

and the music video... :drool:

I have been listening to it again and again for two weeks now. I've loved it since I listened to it for the first time long time ago but now I have it stuck on my head. It is W O N D E R F U L

I love it. I'd like to hear them play it live with the full band, although the acoustic rendition is nice too.

:lmao: I knew you would post in here, Phuzzie!

:shifty:

Yeah i love it too. Great to have a song with lyrics from a great author mixed up with U2 tunes. :drool:

I love it too! I think I listened to it 5 times yesterday.
I ordered the UK version of ATYCLB from amazon.co.uk to get it. :)

Me!!! I'm still reeling that I came to Interference tonight and my three most favorite U2 songs were thread topics (Always and Stay)! Must be something in the air:yes:

Have you all heard the little clip of the demo version for this song? I remember that little clip getting released before the song was. It then has Salman Rushdie reading the rest of the lyrics to the song right after the clip.

Anyways, everytime I hear that clip, I wish they would have gone with that version. It sounded great. It sounded a whole lot like UF though, so they probably didnt want to relive their past . I can understand that.

I really like the acoustic versions.

Beautiful song...I love how it builds towards the "frenzy"...that's how I've always thought of it.

love it LOOOOOOVE IT!!!! My favorite song at the moment.

Random gripe: does it bug anyone else that the MDH soundtrack is not in the same order as the movie?

Amazing song! It is just poetic in style and the climax at the end just gives it an operatic feeling. Would love to hear a full band version of it!!

yes I love it too. It was the first taste of the new album I seem to recall. I'm glad they added it to the Aussie release.
I was moved by it just as a piece of music, but after I read the book and came to the moment where Ormus sang it? I'll never forget that feeling. Woah, powerful.
Is there any rumour of a movie being made of the book?

go lightly...what a nice thing to say to someone.

I love it, I think it's really pretty. I thought it was so funny when it first came out and some of the press screamed "Salman Rushdie, the rock star".:lmao: :lmao:

I?m surprised that The Ground Beneath Her Feet is not getting many votes in the ?Favorite ATYCLB B-Side? thread. Though as I have already stated there that the thread ought to have been correctly titled as ?Favorite Song From The ATYCLB Recording Sessions? Bono did reveal in an interview regarding the release of The Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack that the The Ground Beneath Her Feet and Stateless Feet were intended for ATYCLB but the band felt that the album already had too many ballads.

I'm so happy that a lot of people here love that song! :heart::):heart:
Definitely it's a U2 hidden gem.
It's such a shame they didn't put it on ATYCLB, It would have easily been the 5th single never released from the album...

oh, i thought you meant the book, written by Salman what's his name, the one who had a few muslims after his throat...:yes:

then "our hero" Bono took the poor sod to stay in his lovely cottage-by-Dublin...

So now, we are sooo overjoyed Salman is writing books about semi-ABBA, sold-out musical groups, like the Jackson 5 or 6 or so...hey, did you see that special on the elder female Jackson, never saw HER before, looks quite like Michael, she did...:)

(no joke insertion here allowed, this is a family board!!!)

yes, the song GBHF is really great, i like the anagram that i was able to type >>>> also, it is much faster and has a nice *ring* to it, don't you agree? :yes: thank you, pleebs and "tasty peanuts" up there in never never but sometimes happy land, the great conspiracy in the forum board room, full of fun and joyful souls...

Luv, Debbie (he he, do the newbies get any of this??)

scratch: no?:eyebrow: (paranoia, i think the smiley police is closing in...ahhhhh)

I really love GBHF.....Only reason i got the soundtrack to MillionDollarHotel before actually watching the movie....:up:

very artistic video as well....I wished they release it as a single but I guess as they said it was too close to ATYCLB...

Love this song! Specially the way it explodes at the end. Like some people said before it has something that makes me repeat it a lot! When I'm listening to it in the car or anywhere I never listen to it once, I always listen to it at least one more time. Great Song!!!

Back
Top Bottom