Does any of U2 drive his own car or have a driver's license?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

voxson

The Fly
I would think that they would typically have drivers who drive their limos. This is certain for the periods where they are on the road, but what about the period when they are at a break and are back home in Dublin? Does Bono drive a car?

In 2 of the late videos (elevation and walk on version 2) we see Adam drive a car so he must have a license. Larry also is a motorbike fan. Does anyone know more?

Voxson

I'm sure they do. Remember, they were of legal age to drive way before they became rock stars.

------------------
Cookie Manwhore

Well, as I recall, Bono just bought a new Mercedes last year. Can't remember what kind, maybe a CL-Class. And Edge has a vintage Benz that can be seen in the video for Sweetest Thing, featuring none other than our favorite guitarist at the wheel.

------------------
Change is the only constant

I've read that Bono loves to drive...fast. I've seen him roll up in a convertable Benz before a show on some video somewhere. It would really surprise me if the band had full-time limo drivers.

Bono was driving a silver Mercedes (not sure what type) in Miami. We watched him drive it out of rehearsals. But he's known to be a real terror at the wheel. The first night he drove out of the driveway the wrong way on a one way street.

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Well, as I recall, Bono just bought a new Mercedes last year. Can't remember what kind, maybe a CL-Class. And Edge has a vintage Benz that can be seen in the video for Sweetest Thing, featuring none other than our favorite guitarist at the wheel.

It was Larry driving the Benz in the Sweetest Thing video....sorry, Fox, had to say something.
biggrin.gif

Debbie-LMAO! Bono and I drive alike!! You guys should hear some of the stories my friends have of our "driving adventures" with me at the wheel-they fear for their lives I tell ya....nothing at all like "Dublin on a Friday night".
redface.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullshit, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry

~April

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

*wants to go cruisin with hot tamale BonoBaby* don't make me sing Huey Lewis...

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"There are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll...but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
It was Larry driving the Benz in the Sweetest Thing video....sorry, Fox, had to say something.
biggrin.gif

Ah, yes, well, right you are. Still, I could've sworn in the Pop-Up video for Sweetest Thing that they said the car actually belonged to Edge. Unless I'm wrong.

------------------

Bono drives a 3 series BMW or some sort of Benz convertible in the I've Got You Under My Skin video. I'm thinking MB since there seems to be a theme he has with Benz.
why Bono, why not BMW(that's what I drive...at least when I'm at home...and my dad gives me the key)

I remember a couple of years ago Adam's Volkswagen Passat being sold for some reason. I would think they would all drive.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

When was in Ireland during Joshua Tree Tour, Bono drove up in a strange looking car at Windmill Lane while a lot of us were standing there. So he was driving then for sure. Someone must remember from back then what that car was. Which here is a question: Do they all still go to Dockers ever?

Originally posted by kobayashi:

why Bono, why not BMW(that's what I drive...at least when I'm at home...and my dad gives me the key)

I hate you.
wink.gif
Well, can't complain driving my dad's Passat when I'm home.

I remember a couple of years ago Adam's Volkswagen Passat being sold for some reason. I would think they would all drive.

Actually, I think it was a VW Golf or Polo. Tiny little dealie. Guess he outgrew it. Or maybe he wants a new Mini Cooper.
biggrin.gif

[/B]

------------------

I think (I dont know how I know this) Adam drives a Mercedes A-Class, which is kinda wierd, Edge drives a few old 70's Merc coupes, and Bono drives either one of those fuck off huge Mercedes S Class' or a classic black (I think) Aston Martin coupe. Saw a photo in a mag of him getting out of it parked on the footpath, facing the wrong way outside the Clarence Hotel. It's a sweeeet car.

Originally posted by TylerDurden:
I think (I dont know how I know this) Adam drives a Mercedes A-Class, which is kinda wierd

Indeed that would be weird. Can you imagine Clayton behind the wheel of one of these?

mbalw001.jpg

------------------

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Indeed that would be weird. Can you imagine Clayton behind the wheel of one of these?

Adam driving a minivan? LOL! It could be a good disguise though- I don't think many autograph seekers would expect Adam to be driving around like a soccer mom!
smile.gif

Originally posted by kobayashi:
foxxern's response:
I hate you. Well, can't complain driving my dad's Passat when I'm home.

yeah but it's the x5, not the M3 like i told him to get. damn...i hate suv's

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
Adam driving a minivan? LOL! It could be a good disguise though- I don't think many autograph seekers would expect Adam to be driving around like a soccer mom!
smile.gif

LOL-Adam as "soccer mom"...

think he'd be wearing the dress too?

wink.gif

------------------
"I suppose I do everything in extremes-laugh a lot, cry a lot, fight a lot, make love a lot, eat too much, drink too much, try too much, cry too much. Pass the onion..." -Bono

~April~

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

wink.gif

Well April, knowing Adam, anything is possible and I wouldn't put it past him.
wink.gif

Yet the others all have kids and do they drive station wagons? NOOOOO LOL. If I were their kids I don't think I would want Dad driving me to school, for fear of losing my life on the way.
smile.gif

tania

wink.gif

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Wants Bono to drive me to school or anywhere for that matter*

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Bono doesn't often sing without the shades. When he does, you know he means Business." ~Matt McGee~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Bono used to drive an old brown car they used to call "Bono's Banger." It was either an old Russian coupe or an old Mercedes Benz. When I was in Ireland I visited his house and as I stood there, the car pulled up. I followed it onto the driveway after the gates opened and it turned out to be his body guard chasing me off the property. At the time, it just seemed to be the right thing to do.

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
Adam driving a minivan?
ROFL.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I just can't picture Adam in a minivan.....sheesh of all things!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in....She's gonna dream out loud.."

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

If I recall correctly in one of the European Popmart shows Willie mentions going for a drive after the show with Bono on the wheel along with Gavin and the Oasis boys. It turned into a high speed chase when Bono decided he wanted to lose the paparazis. Eventually they came to this road that had these red stop cones piled up on on the side and without notice Bono stops the car violently and swerving everyone gets off the car set ups the cones and the papparazis stop and take pictures. At this moment Gavin sneaks in and steal their car keys and they take off. The next day the newspaper headlines read "can we have our keys backs?" with a pic of Bono struggling with the cones.

So yeah he knows how to drive, whether or not you get in is up to your health conditions *remembering the rollercoaster rules at the theme parks*.

Oh yeah the boys left the keys with the hotel concierge.

Back
Top Bottom