do you think ultraviolet will make a comeback ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
I was listening to that and Love is Blindness. It amazes me that these 2 have not made a come back into a setlist. I mean you listen to the Edge solo on Love is Blindness it blows me away.....

on this very site, edge did say that they are rediscovering some old tunes and they might make an apperence at future shows. i would say that a song like ultra violet is a strong possibly. more so than a song like unforgettable fire, or helter skelter.

marik said:
on this very site, edge did say that they are rediscovering some old tunes and they might make an apperence at future shows. i would say that a song like ultra violet is a strong possibly. more so than a song like unforgettable fire, or helter skelter.

I think they rehearsed UF last tour but never played it, i wish so bad they would play that.

Will Ultra Violet make a comeback? I SINCERELY HOPE NOT! It's the only song U2 could play that would possibly prompt me to sit down and turn my back on them. Ultra Violet and Red Light are the only two U2 songs I don't like, and if they played Red Light, I'd actually go nuts seeing it's never been played before. But Ultra Violet ... oh, I really hope not.

Yet, strangely enough, I seem to be the only person on this site who doesn't like Ultra Violet. There are people here who like Miami, so surely someone else doesn't like Ultra Violet!

It would be great if the play Ultraviolet! I love that song.

BTW - I love also Miami. What I don't like it's Grace.

I love Ultraviolet, but im not sure if its the type of song which may just stay as a Too TV song! Id love it to be played again though

and UF would make me sooo happy to hear that live!!! :) :up:

I'm over i will follow, until the end of the world, stuck in a moment......but id love to see ultraviolet or love is blindness make a return, especially ultraviolet....

It's never been played live before (I believe) but I would love to see Acrobat on the set-list. I think it would fit in nicely with the new album.

ultra violet is the best ever u2 song, i hope they do play it on the next tour.
Ive got a live version and it songs excellent

As the Popmart Tour progressed, Bad was always leading the polls as to what songs they liked to be added to the setlist. By the time they hit South America and Australia, Bad made a return to the setlist.

During the Elevation Tour, the top vote-getter among songs they they wanted played live was Stay. Mostly because no song from the Zooropa album was ever played live in America and Stay was the fans' favorite from that album. As that tour progressed, Stay eventually creeped into the setlist.

The Fly, Out Of Control, and 11 O Clock Tick Tock made returns to the setlist not like the previous two songs I mentioned which was due to fan demand, but made it back perhaps because U2 rediscovered them and wanted to play them live again.

Now, it seems that with fans getting their fix of Bad and Stay already - the top votegetting in the polls for songs to return to the setlist seems to be Ultraviolet. At least that's the impression I've been getting the past few years checking this forum.

So I would say that there is a remote possibility of that song making it back to the U2 setlist. It is one of the best songs off Achtung, and it would be great to see U2 sing it as U2 (and not as MacPhisto).

Hard to believe that it's been more than a decade already since they last played the song live. Am I really getting THAT old?

Cheers,

J

Wow, two posters in this thread who have been dissed by the Edge!

I think Ultraviolet is one of the best songs off of AB, but for some reason I don't think it sounded as good live as most of the other songs they played from the album. I think Love is blindness was great in concert, the best closer they've had besides 40

As much as I like Ultraviolet, I would rather hear Acrobat make a comeback. And if it were really my choice to pick a single comeback song for this tour, I would suggest Electric Co. . I think realistically, there are going to be 4 AB songs average for each setlist. One and Until the End of the World would be in and the rest (Mysterious Ways, The Fly, Even Better... being the big contenders) fight it out for 2 spots.

If the Atomic Bomb is really as good as it is being hyped to be, then we may want to hear most of those ones live.

I hope the band are in training already for the upcoming tour. If they keep releasing amazing songs, they'll have to push out 3 hour concerts and forget the warm up act. :yes:

I really do hope they play Ultra Violet, that is my favorite song. My list of three would be Ultra Violet, Electical Storm, and When I look at the world.

It would be great if Ultraviolet came back, especially if it was in place of one of the other slightly tired songs from AB that get played regularly...

i don't think so
kaoani082.gif

if The Edge will come back to the forum he'll provide an answer (hopefully)
kaoani066.gif

I would love for them to play it. Anything is possible, but I doubdt it. The formula for U2 in the past to revisit an old song has typically been a song that was a single. Almost all the songs mentioned that they did again after a hiatus were a single. Ultraviolet wasnt even played at alot of the Zoo shows.

This could be the tour where U2 bucks their prior live trends as they have indicated they are looking at mixing up the setlists more. But my "guess" is that its not going to be very drastic and include songs like we have discussed here.

My vote for song to make a return that would probebly fit with the new album would be Electric Co. Its one of my favorite early songs and I think it would be awesome to hear it again. I guess we all have dream songs. The bottom line though is U2 will do what they are feeling works and what they enjoy playing.

Last edited:
Ultra Violet would be great live!! Love Is Blindness would be even better!
I like Miami...and I especially love the guitar near the end of the song when played live. It's pretty much an Edge Solo and he really rocks!!! Have another listen to the Mannhiem Soundboard Eugene and Boston Audience recordings.... It really is a solo in Boston as Bono does'nt sing for the last couple minutes of the song on this occasion.
Of course in the current era, U2 would have to re-invent most of the song as they would 'nt do it now with the electronica drum beat that dominates the first half of the song.

It'd be neat to hear it played again. I always liked the live version almost as much as the album version. We shall see though...

They nailed that song on the Zoo TV tour! I love the Dublin version from 93, when Bono goes into that Sinatra type thingy to end the song... "lightttttt, myyyyyy, waaayyyyyy!"

ultraviolet and maybe a slightly updated version of WGRYWH (closer to the temple bar edit) would definitely be in my top songs that i'd want to see live list

God I hope not... weak song.. ne'ermind, better duck out before I have to duck..

}:)~

rivergoat said:
God I hope not... weak song.. ne'ermind, better duck out before I have to duck..

}:)~

I feel so much better now that my opinion has company.

jick said:
As the Popmart Tour progressed, Bad was always leading the polls as to what songs they liked to be added to the setlist. By the time they hit South America and Australia, Bad made a return to the setlist.

During the Elevation Tour, the top vote-getter among songs they they wanted played live was Stay. Mostly because no song from the Zooropa album was ever played live in America and Stay was the fans' favorite from that album. As that tour progressed, Stay eventually creeped into the setlist.

The Fly, Out Of Control, and 11 O Clock Tick Tock made returns to the setlist not like the previous two songs I mentioned which was due to fan demand, but made it back perhaps because U2 rediscovered them and wanted to play them live again.

Now, it seems that with fans getting their fix of Bad and Stay already - the top votegetting in the polls for songs to return to the setlist seems to be Ultraviolet. At least that's the impression I've been getting the past few years checking this forum.

So I would say that there is a remote possibility of that song making it back to the U2 setlist. It is one of the best songs off Achtung, and it would be great to see U2 sing it as U2 (and not as MacPhisto).

Hard to believe that it's been more than a decade already since they last played the song live. Am I really getting THAT old?

Cheers,

J

you are forgetting one thing. All of those songs that made the setlist again...were all previously released as singles from their respective albums. Ultraviolet (Light My Way) never was released as a single.

One song that would be absolutely killer live again would be Dirty Day, I think that song is by far the most underrated song in the U2 catalogue. Edge's guitar in that song, and Adam's bass are sick.

Dirty Day!
Dirty Day!
Dirty Day!

I really like Ultraviolet, but for some reason I feel it lives on AB and doesn't come off that easily.
Whereas Love is Blindness can get off that LP and be gorgeous anywhere...

Back
Top Bottom