Do you think U2 will be remembered more as a studio or as a live band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
scatteroflight said:
Studio, because that is what will remain after the tours and the band itself are over for good. I would argue that albums like Joshua, Achtung and ATYCLB will have more of an impact in the long run than the memories of tours like ZooTV and Elevation. And yes, I think this is probably true for almost all bands. Led Zeppelin was reportedly an unbelievable live act--I saw Page and Plant a few years ago, and that was plenty amazing enough--but do people go on more about the '71 tour (or whatever) or Led Zeppelin IV?

Unless U2 releases some kick ass live albums I think your right. For them to be remembered as a major live act they need a defining live album like Deep Purple had with Made in Japan or some earthshaking filmrecording of a live performance like Jimi Hendrix on Woodstock.

Muad'zin said:

Unless U2 releases some kick ass live albums I think your right. For them to be remembered as a major live act they need a defining live album like Deep Purple had with Made in Japan or some earthshaking filmrecording of a live performance like Jimi Hendrix on Woodstock.

You're probably right. Heck, I'd forgotten about Deep Purple's "Made in Japan". Damn! Now that I think about it that was one kick-a** album. But there I went and forgot about it.

Back
Top Bottom