do you think that 'bono' will become a concept in the future?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
will people in the future call a popular rock star doing charity stuff 'a bono', even when bono no longer exists?

^ another rude one.

i honestly don't think this is so improbable.

not only do i see plebans in here using pronouns such as HIM, HE and HIS when they refer to bono, i also read about 'the bono of south asia' in the newspapers already. salman ahmad.
more here: http://forum.interference.com/t172697.html

seems like the process has already started.

Man, the guy asks a question, tries to provoke discussion, and you go mental.

If you don't want to talk about it, I'm sure you can go post something in the Song Title LZOL place.

Maybe. He could become the next Buddah. As money becomes more important over the next decades, enlightenment could be viewed as the helping of others with one's profits and power in society. Bono could be the figurehead of such a movement. Anything is possible.
Plus he has the figure for it. :reject:

I think Bono will probably enter the popular vernacular.

"Dude what a Bono."

"Oh man you Bono'd that one, you loser."

"She was so drunk, I totally MacPhisto'd her sideways."

U2Man you were doing so well with the thread thing, I was actually proud for a minute. I think I suggested that one a week would be more reasonable. Please take this into consideration.

roy, we are not going to be giving you any more warnings for your rude and attacking posts. You've been asked in the past not to personally attack others. Next time you will take a suspension.

And just because he is rude, doesnt give anyone else the right to call him 'idiot'. The rules apply to everyone.

I actually like most of U2Man's threads. They are generally cute and fun. :reject:

I think if "doing a Bono" or "you're such a Bono" or any such phrases ever become widely use it will be less for his causes and more for his sillier stuff such as the sunglasses all the fucking time and Napoleon-style arm he's been doing.

indra said:
I actually like most of U2Man's threads. They are generally cute and fun. :reject:

Well there will always be a few.

But you dont have to deal with reported posts so....

well, considering the amount of views and replies my threads usually get, i have this suspicion that its more likely the few hooligans that don't have anything better to do than spewing insults in a thread like this, who are in the minority.

now, back on topic.

i noticed that salman ahmad knows about the strength in sunglasses too:

junoon_in_dubai45B15D.jpg

Sicy said:

Well there will always be a few.

But you dont have to deal with reported posts so....

True. Sad to see that people get so worked up over them though. ...of course if these threads got some people really bent out of shape you might have to ban someone (but not the cute puppy!), and you know how much I love bannings. :love:

(just kidding, you know)

U2Man said:
well, considering the amount of views and replies my threads usually get, i have this suspicion that its more likely the few hooligans that don't have anything better to do than spewing insults in a thread like this, who are in the minority.

now, back on topic.

i noticed that salman ahmad knows about the strength in sunglasses too:

junoon_in_dubai45B15D.jpg

Love the shirt! :heart:

besides salman, does anyone see any potential 'bonos' in the current rock stars of the world?

I think U2Man will become a concept in here soon.

As an adjective: "Oh that's such a U2Man thread"

or a verb: "Man, you sure did U2Man up that thread"

Back
Top Bottom