do you think that bono truly believes in his causes... - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #316
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man

that was your weakest post yet in this thread. and im not surprised at all that you only chose to quote a small part.

you're just repeating yourself here. smart move = tax avoidance. well ok, doesnt make any difference whatever we call it. again, didnt bono say that he wouldnt move any part of u2corp out of his home country?

maybe you should try to stick to the issue here instead of bringing up irrelevant things in despair?
I didn't quote the rest because you keep saying the same thing over and over. And you've been shown it's a moot point by many.

If anyone outside of this board uses this move as an excuse not to go along with the cause then maybe I'd continue this debate but honestly it's a waste.

Old 01-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #317
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

First of all, how many non-interference members know about the tax story? I'd venture to say very very little.
Those people on those sites I posted who were bashing him for it were all non fans or casual fans who knew the story well. That's what's hurting here, his credibility with the average person- the ones he wants to get behind his cause. This is why he went on the Heartland tour, to reach middle America. (he did okay back then, but that was before the tax thing and buying more expensive property) Joe Blow and Jane Doe who work their asses off and pay taxes get pissed when a multimillionaire from another country comes around preaching when he doesn't live by his own words. It hurts his cause, and that is my point.

I would bet that if some annoying celebrity like Paris Hilton or Jessica Simpson did what Bono is doing, all you who defend them would be trashing them as stupid, hypocritical bitches. It's because it's BONO and this is a U2 site he's getting taken up for! Forget it's Bono, and look at the story objectively.

Quote:
Secondly he does pay taxes, he still pays multiple times the amount of those complaining about him not paying these certain taxes.

I still don't think he ever paid any income taxes, since all of his money came from artistic endeavours until recently not taxed. The only taxes he's payed are personal property on all his expensive stuff, and sales tax on all the expensive stuff he buys.

Old 01-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #318
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:06 PM
I can't believe this thread is still going, with the same arguments going round and round in circles.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:40 PM   #319
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

I didn't quote the rest because you keep saying the same thing over and over. And you've been shown it's a moot point by many.

If anyone outside of this board uses this move as an excuse not to go along with the cause then maybe I'd continue this debate but honestly it's a waste.
nah, you just cannot disprove that saying one thing and then doing something else is losing credibility.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:42 PM   #320
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man

nah, you just cannot disprove that saying one thing and then doing something else is losing credibility.
When did he say he wouldn't avoid certain taxes?
Old 01-17-2007, 06:44 PM   #321
Blue Crack Distributor

What did Bono say regarding the business? Are we talking about the old "we'll stay based in Ireland" quote, or is there another one that I'm not aware of?

Because as far as I'm concerned, they're still based in Ireland. Moving one part of the business out does not equal moving the whole business.

Now, if they start moving more and more pieces out of Ireland, then you've got an argument.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:49 PM   #322
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

Those people on those sites I posted who were bashing him for it were all non fans or casual fans who knew the story well. That's what's hurting here, his credibility with the average person- the ones he wants to get behind his cause. This is why he went on the Heartland tour, to reach middle America. (he did okay back then, but that was before the tax thing and buying more expensive property) Joe Blow and Jane Doe who work their asses off and pay taxes get pissed when a multimillionaire from another country comes around preaching when he doesn't live by his own words. It hurts his cause, and that is my point.
I didn't see your links, and this thread is far too long for me to go through.

But one of the problems you have and apparently these average Joe's as well is that you ignore the proportionate differences. You keep harping on about these "expensive" things, but proportionately he probably gives more and therefore DOES live by his own words. Your problem is that you lump all rich people as being evil.
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

I would bet that if some annoying celebrity like Paris Hilton or Jessica Simpson did what Bono is doing, all you who defend them would be trashing them as stupid, hypocritical bitches. It's because it's BONO and this is a U2 site he's getting taken up for! Forget it's Bono, and look at the story objectively.
This is sersiously a weak argument. These girls "career" and celebrity are cemented and celebritated in their excess.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:50 PM   #323
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I think this thread has gone on long enough.

Per FAQs
Quote:
If the thread is exhausted, or repeating the same arguments over and over and seeming to have reached its limit, it may be closed.