Do you think OotS will be released as a single?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I REALLY hope so as it's my favorite Atomic Bomb song and one of my favorite U2 songs. I think the band likes this song alot too. I also think that, while the album version is amazing, it could use a little reworking. U2 is one of the richest bands in the world and those cheesy synth strings drag the song down. Come on U2, you have everything you could possibly want at your disposal, put a little more effort into song production!!

I love the song nonetheless [face_love]

I agree about the strings.

This song will definitely be a single, but I doubt that the album cut will be the single version.

I think it will be a single and will be winning record of the year at the Grammys next year...and I think the strings fit the song myself I wouldnt change anything about that particular track the 2 key tracks on this album are Sometimes and Original and if those 2 tracks do well this album will become the monster it was intended to be.

I agree that the strings are cheesy, but they work somehow. Maybe because they provide good contrast to Edge's guitar (I really love the sound of it on this song). The rest of the album is so overprocessed and devoid of texture that the strings are a relief. I wouldn't do without them.

"Original of the Species" is a shamelessly good pop song no matter how you look at it. The strings, the three different choruses, the "doot doots," the giggled lyrics near the end; they're practically showing off how they're still at the top of their game. They really, really must release this as a single.

Last edited:
Aardvark747 said:
If there's gonna be a single released for the 25th Anniversary thingy, then this should be it.

I think that could be taken as arrogant in some quarters.

An OOTS release might mean that Miracle Drug or COBL have to miss out....... that would be unfortunate.... both those tracks are stronger single candidates in my opinion....

i hope that it isn't a single but i THINK it will be..... the band seem to love it too much....

and my favourite song Miracle Drug will probably be the one to miss out

its not that i have anything against OOTS, i think it is a good track but it is just a little weak.....

Aardvark747 said:

What I meant is that some people will hear "25th anniversary single" and "Original Of The Species" and think "Bono's on another ego trip again ..."

Vertigo
All Because of You
Sometimes...
Original of the Species
City of Blinding Lights

I really hope COBL is released as a single. Its such a strong song a video would be :drool: .

This song would fit on the Beatles 1 album so easily its not even a question that is will be a single at some point. I have not heard a U2 song sound so "Beatles" since All I Want is You. Beautiful stuff! :up:

zoopop said:

I really hope COBL is released as a single. Its such a strong song a video would be :drool: .

Despite not yet being an official release, COBL is getting a reasonable amount of airplay on KROQ out here in Los Angeles.

Original Of The Species is a pop masterpiece

An extraordinary tune, one of the best U2 songs ever

I love it!

And it will be a single, and will be huge
Doesn't matter if its after or before COBL or MD, it will be a big hit, be sure of that

"Sugar come on show your soul"

I don't know how OOTS would do on the charts. I think the song is fantastic. But in today's music, if the song doesn't grab the listener instantly, then the listener will change the station. We are living in short attention span times. OOTS doesn't get "catchy" until about 30 seconds into it (roughly). Plus, any old casual U2 fan won't like it because it doesn't rumble like SBS or BBS.

If I was managing U2, I'd say Vertigo, ABOY, SYCMIOYO, and then MD or COBL

Numb1075 said:
I don't know how OOTS would do on the charts. I think the song is fantastic. But in today's music, if the song doesn't grab the listener instantly, then the listener will change the station. We are living in short attention span times. OOTS doesn't get "catchy" until about 30 seconds into it (roughly). Plus, any old casual U2 fan won't like it because it doesn't rumble like SBS or BBS.

If I was managing U2, I'd say Vertigo, ABOY, SYCMIOYO, and then MD or COBL

Actually, I find the simple intro to OOTS quite "catchy" and I think it'll grab non-u2 fans right away.

Back
Top Bottom