do you think EDGE wishes he could shred on the guitar.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a show from Rotterdam, 1/10/90 I think. Edge plays an INSANE solo in Desire, where the notes flow out like sunlite. He CAN do this kind of playing, and this performance is proof.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
yeah i wish he could shred like, say, slash... i mean come on... shreding like slash would have been much better for edge and u2. just look at the respective careers of both... edge deffinetly shoulda went down the shred route... he and u2 would have been so much better off for it

soak in the sarcasim... soak... ahhhh that's nice

Dude slash is in a band called velvet revolver and their album will be out in march2004. they will be big i tell ya big.
(if axl was not an ass gnr would still be strong so dont talk smack about slash.:no:) slash is the man. slash is not much of a shredder, his playing is more bluse and rock. thats why i like his playing.oh did i tell ya slash is the man.:tongue:

THIS IS VELVET REVOLVER. feel the power!!!!!!!

030617_HP_DailyCeleb16.jpg

030617_HP_DailyCeleb06.jpg

smack about slash

my point was this... i don't really think edge cares. i don't think he wishes he could play like someone else, i don't think he wishes that he and the band would have taken a different route somewhere, or done something more like this group or that group, because frankly, edge is part of one of the biggest rock band of all time, he has all the money in the world, he's won numerous grammys, he's a lock for the R&R hall of fame, and his wife is hot. i think edge is just fine being a "non shredder."

i bet he would like to be more like Shredder from the teenage mutant ninja turtles

I want to hear that Rotterdam Desire solo... I'm curious...

Slash isn't a shredder. Slash is a good guitarist (some say sloppy) but he is not known for speed or techincal skill. He is blues based and is actually lauded for sort of being the anti-Vai/ Malmsteen or anti-shred player. The whole feel rather than speed kind of guy. The thing is the Edge rarely if at all shows Slash like chops either and Slash isn't even considered great on a techincal scale that great. Influential though...

Back
Top Bottom