Do you think Edge was pissed off....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTB

Acrobat
at the Grammy's when Bono pushed him out the way saying "Your the guitar player, I'm the singer, I'll do the talking". I kinda felt bad for the Edge and I think he looked a little pissed off that Bono did that. Whatta ya think? It would have irked me..

I'm sure he's used to shit like that...it was funny but rude at the same time. Guess that's why Bono irks me sometimes--it's all ME ME ME!!
wink.gif

I was hoping that Edge would start talking about orgasmatrons again...

------------------
Show a little faith
There's magic in the night

no way! It was totally in good fun. They were joking with each other. I for one, found it hilarious.
biggrin.gif

No I dont think so at all.

They were joking around like they always do. Its very cool to see the love between all of them.

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
no way! It was totally in good fun. They were joking with each other. I for one, found it hilarious.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
I thought it might've been planned ahead of time actually.

I agree. I thought the interview afterwards on VH1 was better than all of the acceptance speeches together. You could see they were all really happy and no one was upset with anyone. (I think that's what Bono's "F..K You" comment was all about).

They are such good friends that they can do things that might piss one another off but there friendship is bigger than that.

Btw, the post-show will be replayed this afternoon at 5EST on VH1.

I thought the thing where that guy (I don't recognize half the presenters) said "A spa certificate for the Edge!" was funny!! He was laughing and I could see Larry really laughing too.

------------------
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes

I don't think he was pissed. I just think Bono wanted to say something kind of serious in case he didn't get a chance again.

I initially thought Bono was rude to interrupt the Edge. When I watched it a second time it became clear to me that they were fooling around and may have even planned it.

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

I thought it was funny, I don't think they were serious at all. I also found it quite amusing that every time the music started to play Bono would either keep talking or start talking, hahahaha so much for precious commercial time.

------------------
I will sing, sing a new song.
How long to sing this song?

Fengche@aol.com

Could someone please tell me why the jab at Edge for making such a long speech last year?? I didn't watch the Grammy's last year and I truly don't remember anything about Edge making a long speech.

Anyone remember??????

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Last year Edge mentioned expanding his house, and even the "orgasmetron" for women. LOL. He kept going on & on.

Also, it was all in good fun and they were joking, I think Bono even told Larry & Adam because before he did it he turned around and said something to them...it was pretty funny though!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom