Do YOU snippet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I've become aware that when singing, I tend to snniet things on my own

Until The End Of The World / October
With Or Without You / City Of Blinding Lights
All Along The Watchtower / Like A Rolling Stone
Walk On / 40
Vertigo / Wish You Were Here / Confortably Numb
Vertigo / Stories For Boys (different version)

If you want I can tell you how those work :sexywink:

now.... do YOU snippet?

Last edited:
I do it all the time, and to be honest, it's generally spontaneous - what feels right at the particular moment. It can go on for a while too, especially if, uh, i'm alone in the house with time on my hands.

haha, crap...I tend to 'Snippet' when playing my guitar...I had some pretty good ones :huh: I'll post if I remember them...:huh:

I totally snippet The Velvet Underground's Heroin and Bad when I do Running to Stand Still (I sing and play guitar), and I snippet One at the end of WOWY.

Didn't know more people were awesome like me :D

Sometimes I find myself singing the theme to Full House and then all of the sudden I am snippeting the theme to Family Matters.

Today I was singing the theme to the old Muppet Babies cartoon in my head then realized I am probably going insane.

pepokiss said:

Walk On / 40

I know it's lame, but I have to quote myself to tell you how this works and so YOU can do it (do it yourself!! :wink: )

Until The End Of The World / October: this goes in The Edge's solo... In the second part of it (when it changes), ther I sing "October... and the trees are strip bared... from all they wear... what do I care, October, OCTOOOBEEER!!!"
The last "october" comes in the final build up to return to the song.

WOWY / COBL: instead of singing the "shine like stars" snippet, I sing COBL, with the same patern: "And I'll miss you when you're not around, and I'm getting ready to leave the ground, and oh you look so beautiful tonight"... the last line you just got to make it work.. or change it for "in the city of blinding lights"

AATW / LARS: have you listened to the New Year's Eve version of this song?, at the end, when Bono starts to speak Bongoloose, I add "How does it feel / How does it feel / How does it feel / How does it feel / To be on your own / With no direction home / Like a complete unknown / oh, no, Like a rolling stone"
It looks wierd, but it really works

Vertigo / Wish You Were Here / Comfortably Numb

WYWH: in the added part, where SFB goes normaly, I ad: "so, so you think you can tell / heaven from hell / blue skys from pain / can you tell a green field / from a cold steel rail? / a smile from a veil? / DO YOU THINK YOU CAN TELL?!?!?!"... the last one goes like the "hello hello" part of SFB, kinda forced, yet controlled

CN: if you've heard the Twickenham Broadcast, you'll notice that at the end Bono keeps saying HELLO... HELLO?... well, using that, I say: "Hello / Is there anybody in there? / Just nod if you can hear me / IS THERE ANYONE AT HOME?!?!?!"... the last one comes when Larry goes for the cymbals...

Vertigo / Stories For Boys: even before the tour began, I wanted them to make a snippet, and it would go after the "hours of fun, blablabla" part, before the mini solo... that lyrics end and inmediatly I go to "there's a place I go, and it so far away, there's a TV show where I can grow, sometimes the feeling takes me, sometimes I come and go, SOMETIMES THE FEELING TAKES ME, SOMETIMES I COME AND GO", and you inmediatly go to the "Hello hello" part in Vertigo

:reject: I know... I always explain everything... :p

pepokiss said:
I've become aware that when singing, I tend to snniet things on my own

Walk On / 40

If you want I can tell you how those work :sexywink:

now.... do YOU snippet?

Could you explain how these snippets work? Do you sing Walk On / "40" like Bono did in Miami on the last date of the Elevation Tour?

I snippet, but most of mine are Bono's ones (Blackbird onto BD, Stories for Boys onto Vertgio, Ruby Tuesday/Sympathy for the Devil onto Bad).

Walk On / 40: this one is not a mystery how it works, only that I like how it was done in the 1st Elevation show, the FIRST Miami, not the last

You guys should see a doctor about this problem. :eyebrow:
HeHeHe...just kidding, I do it all the time too. I tend to "visualize" the music already mixed in my head before I start to DJ. Then >I just grab the Lps and Cds and start mixing it all up.
Good thing I ain´t working full time as a DeeJay or else I would make everyone listen to U2-mixes all night. :lol:

I generally snippet in my everyday life. For example...

Going To Work -> Petrol (snippet)
Watching Television -> Cup Of Tea (snippet)
Saturday Night Out -> Designated Driver (snippet)

etc etc.

timothius said:
I generally snippet in my everyday life. For example...

Going To Work -> Petrol (snippet)
Watching Television -> Cup Of Tea (snippet)
Saturday Night Out -> Designated Driver (snippet)

etc etc.

So many of your posts make me laugh, Timothius. This one is no exception :giggle:

For some reason, I snippet Happiness is a Warm Gun at the end rock out of MIAMI....Sounds so damn good!!

try it out!!

unosdostres14 said:
Good Riddance ~ Green Day --> "I'll be there for youuuuu" ~ whoever wrote the 'FRIENDS' theme song

:huh:

that'd be the rembrandts. woo.

Staring At The Sun – Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Last Night On Earth – The Living Daylights (A-ha)

Original Of The Species – If God Will Send His Angels

Miracle Drug – With Or Without You

Back
Top Bottom