Do You Own These U2 Albums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do You Own These?

• Boy

Votes: 148 91.9%
  • October

Votes: 147 91.3%
  • War

Votes: 152 94.4%
  • Under a Blood Red Sky

Votes: 138 85.7%
  • The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 154 95.7%
  • Wide Awake in America

Votes: 127 78.9%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 160 99.4%
  • Rattle & Hum

• Achtung Baby

Votes: 161 100.0%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 158 98.1%
  • Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1

Votes: 115 71.4%
  • Pop

• Best of 1980-1990 (Limited Edition)

Votes: 141 87.6%
  • Best of 1980-1990 (1-CD)

Votes: 33 20.5%
  • All That You Can't Leave Behind

Votes: 160 99.4%
  • U2 7 (Target Promo CD)

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Best of 1990-2000 (Limited Edition w/ Bonus DVD)

Votes: 143 88.8%
  • Best of 1990-2000 (Limited Edition w/ B-Sides)

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • Best of 1990-2000 (1-CD)

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters

melon

ONE love, blood, life
Perhaps a silly poll, but I'm actually curious to see if everyone here owns all the albums or not--basically to gauge how fanatical everyone is. ;)

Melon

I own all except the limited edition of the first best of :)mad: :sad: don't know where to get that damn CD from) and the one CD edition of the second best of.

FallingStar said:
I own all except the limited edition of the first best of :)mad: :sad: don't know where to get that damn CD from) and the one CD edition of the second best of.

LOL...I was at Tower Records in Harvard Square (Cambridge, MA) and there were a whole stack of these in the U2 section. I don't know where you live, but this store, in particular, seems to like to hoard limited editions. I also found limited editions of Radiohead's "Kid A" and "Amnesiac," which are long gone elsewhere.

In fact, you can buy it here:

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.asp?pfid=1467991&cc=USD

They're selling it online, if you don't have a Tower Records near you.

Melon

I own them all except:
Passangers
non-limited edition Best Ofs
Target CD (I clicked yes though b/c I have all of the bsides that are on that CD on their original bside releases).

Best of 1990-2000.. There is one with the Bsides and one with the DVD??? :scratch: :confused: :scream:

oliveu2cm said:
Best of 1990-2000.. There is one with the Bsides and one with the DVD??? :scratch: :confused: :scream:

Sorry if I confused...

There is one edition with just B-sides and another with the B-sides and the DVD. The former mostly applies to non-U.S. releases.

Melon

melon said:

LOL...I was at Tower Records in Harvard Square (Cambridge, MA) and there were a whole stack of these in the U2 section. I don't know where you live, but this store, in particular, seems to like to hoard limited editions. I also found limited editions of Radiohead's "Kid A" and "Amnesiac," which are long gone elsewhere.

In fact, you can buy it here:

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.asp?pfid=1467991&cc=USD

They're selling it online, if you don't have a Tower Records near you.

Melon
:( I checked it out and I'd have to pay more than 30$ for shipping and taxes and everything cos I live in Germany. But thank you for the link. :)

*runs off checking out eBay for the CD again:sigh:*

Can I vote twice from Boy to Zooropa? I mean, I already had those ones in vinyl, only bought the CDs in 1997 along with POP. Too bad I had my Passengers stolen. I need to replace the CD-R I got with the real thing.

As for the Best Of 1990-2000 I marked the one I pre-ordered, limited with DVD bonus, brazilian edition. Can?t wait until I receive it on the next Nov 15.

:p

FallingStar said:

:( I checked it out and I'd have to pay more than 30$ for shipping and taxes and everything cos I live in Germany. But thank you for the link. :)

*runs off checking out eBay for the CD again:sigh:*

Maybe try towerrecords.co.uk. It ships from the UK.

Melon

I will own them all as soon as I get the newest best of w/dvd.

I found the limited edition best of 80-90 at a used record store about a year ago. I was very :hyper:

whoah, i think someone who voted only owns joshua tree and achtung baby. :silent:

anyway, i have:
boy
october
war
under a blood red sky
the unforgettable fire
wide awake in america
the joshua tree
rattle and hum
achtung baby
zooropa
passengers
pop
best of 80-90 (limited edition)
all that you can't leave behind
U2 7
best of 90-00 (b-sides with dvd)

i don't see the point in me buying the 1-cd best of 80-90 or 90-00, or the b-sides (w/o dvd) 90-00. :tongue:

I have them all accept the new Best of limited edition

*oops, correction...I do have the Limited Edition w/B-sides on order...I don't have the new Best of 1 CD edition.

Last edited:
I have everything except all the Best Of 90-00 versions -- will get the limited edition with DVD later tonight, so I voted for it anyway. :)

By the way.. am I the only one who saves the packaging from each album? :reject:

melon said:

Sorry if I confused...

There is one edition with just B-sides and another with the B-sides and the DVD. The former mostly applies to non-U.S. releases.

Melon

Gotcyha, thanks!

(You weren't the only one that confused me, no one's been able to tell me clearly what's on what cd and single yet.)

I dont own,

UABRS- did have it years ago, but it got stolen along with all of my other cds in 96 and for some reason it is one that I have never bothered about replacing

Wide awake in America- got the 12"of The Unforgettable Fire on vinyl and a few mp3s, so no need for this ep

Passengers- dosnt do it for me, but I do have an mp3 of Miss Sarajevo

Best Off 80-90- got all the songs I need already and have all of the B-sides on mp3

ATYCLB- I have all of the songs on mp3 and they dont really do it for me and I am not a silly fan who will go out and buy anything U2 does, simple because it is U2- even if I dont like the songs, however I do love Walk On and I bought the two Australian singles of this song

Best Off 91-00- I have it on order and will be picking it up next week, but in reality the only thing really making me buy this one is for the DVD:)

I have all of these in some form or another either on CD, vinyl or cassette. I don't have the original passengers CD (sicy burned this one for me). So basically yeah, I have most of this great music!:yes:

Wasn't the Best Of 1980-1990 rereleased as a promotion to Best Buy stores?They have lots of them at the local Best Buy, which, at one point, had none in stock.:larry:

Looks like 91% of us are die hards that have bought every "Studio album"! The bands management should come here when they want to conduct a poll about how the die hards feel about something.

WOW,

The true sign of devotion! 72% of people here have bought the Passengers album! Thats amazing! This album only sold 300,000 or 400,000 worldwide I think, only around 15% of October's Global sales. Clearly we have a large number of die hards here. I raise a pint of Guinness to you all!

FallingStar said:

I got it at Border's Books and Music in Cranston, RI just about a year ago. I think they still sell it...haven't really been looking for it since I acqired it.

Also, check out stores that sell used CD's- I got half my (frightening) collection for seven or eight dollars used, rather than paying $14 for a 25-year-old album. Die-hard U2 fan, die-hard bargain shopper! What can I say?

Hi melon.

I own everything in the list up to Pop, and then the Limited Edition of Best Of 1980-1990, the MDH Soundtrack and ATYCLB. I'll be buying the new limited edition Best Of 1990-2000 (w/DVD) tomorrow.

I could be being incredibly dumb (and i'm not ruling that out at this stage), but the results of the poll (esp the %'s) don't really translate into anything meaningful, in terms of working out how many people have 1 copy of each individual album.

:huh: :(

SORRY

I WAS being incredibly dumb.

That happens sometimes.

The %'s are kind of irrelevant.

Mmmm, this humble pie's quite tasty actually...

KhanadaRhodes said:

what makes captive more special than every other side project every other band member has done?

Prolly that it's a complete album.. doesn't really fit the contect of the poll,but it would be interesting to see how many people have it in relation to the other albums. same with mdh

Back
Top Bottom