do you hate ATYCLB?are u2 still rock&roll? - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2004, 01:07 AM   #76
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:01 PM
ATYCLB was a heart felt album and it was a risky album. It was an album that had songs that had flighty, beautiful, hopeful themes in them, it was a risk because it came out at a time when what was really selling in the top 40 was angst and waining manufactored teeny pop songs.

It was an album reflective of the men that created it. Here were four men in their 40's and approaching their 40's, they've seen a lot and already done a lot. They didn't have to make this album, but they did anyway and the result was an album that helped re-solidify their image of being the best rock and roll band in the world. They did it by wearing their hearts on their sleeves again and writing the music that they wanted to write. There was no fakness, they weren't trying to be something they were not.

That's why I respect the album and found new respect for the band.

Old 04-30-2004, 05:03 AM   #77
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:01 AM
ok so i played atyclb last night to see how it sounds(i have not played this cd in like 3 months) bd sounds alright but too pop sounding. stuck in a moment is great live but the album version is not that good.elevation still suxxxxss! walk on is alright. kite is good but too slow at times. in a little while is good.the rest off the album is not listenable! trust me.

i know edge is no jimmy hendrix but im starting to get tired of edges playing.
oh bonos voice is so fucked up now its not even funny.
things come and go and every story has an ending.

THE END

i dont see u2's new album being the best thing ever. why , because, 1. bonos fucked up voice(but still good for slow songs)
2. edges ability of playing the guitar(simple rhythm guitar is very nice but is nothing with out LEAD guitar!) if edge is not a mad man on this new album(ex watch the fly music video) ill just go insane my self.

Old 04-30-2004, 06:42 AM   #78
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:01 PM
This is getting ridiculous ...

By the way, Shaun Vox, do you like Running To Stand Still?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-30-2004, 06:46 AM   #79
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:01 AM
yes i DO!
Old 04-30-2004, 06:49 AM   #80
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:01 PM
But it's slow just like Kite ... so how does that work?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-30-2004, 07:20 AM   #81
you are what you is

Local Time: 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shaun vox
THE END
until next week?
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 04-30-2004, 07:24 AM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:01 PM
turn around, look at what you see in her face,
the mirror of your dreams make believe i'm everywhere,
Old 04-30-2004, 07:28 AM   #83
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine
michael jordan wasnt much of a sportsman.......now zinadine zidane, that is a sportsman....
you're insaine, but this isn't a sports thread, so i will end my comments at that.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:43 AM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:01 AM
Quote:
ok so i played atyclb last night to see how it sounds(i have not played this cd in like 3 months) bd sounds alright but too pop sounding. stuck in a moment is great live but the album version is not that good.elevation still suxxxxss! walk on is alright. kite is good but too slow at times. in a little while is good.the rest off the album is not listenable! trust me.

i know edge is no jimmy hendrix but im starting to get tired of edges playing.
oh bonos voice is so fucked up now its not even funny.
things come and go and every story has an ending.

THE END

Quote:
i dont see u2's new album being the best thing ever. why
Because you haven't heard it yet.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:19 PM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

I believe Shauns in pain. He has waited many many years for non forthcoming albums from BOTH of his favourite bands. Thats gotta suck

Old 04-30-2004, 08:23 PM   #86
War Child

Location: with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she's uncool, but she's still preoccupied with 1985
Local Time: 01:01 AM
But with the news today, there is hope for an album soon
Old 05-01-2004, 01:21 AM   #87
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:01 PM
I like what one person said...I can find something I like out of every album. ATYCLB has some of my favorite all-time songs, like Beautiful Day, Walk On, Kite, When I Look at the World, Grace. Soooo, it's perfect for that period of time that they were in. I really do not understand the fickle fans who don't grow and change with the band. I guess they're really not fans at all. They just like certain moments, certain sounds. I'm that way with other bands. I like some records, I don't like others. But, for U2...I like anything they put out. I am just truly a U2 person.

I fear that this next album won't be considered as rocking and great as all these hard to satisfy people want because then I'm afraid it'll be the beginning of the end for U2. Not because they suck but because their fans do.

Anyway...I'm sure I'll like it and continue to wonder how anyone can be so hard to please. If you don't like U2, if you're a part-time fan...then so be it. But, don't blame U2 for it. And I certainly hope there are more people who love U2 no matter what, than not...and that U2 won't listen to you. Basically, I hope it won't make a bit of difference, what you think. In fact, I hope their next album is wildly successful with or without you.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:48 AM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie

This was the first U2 album I bought. I loved it when it came out, and I continue to love this album. This album and tour made me
a fan! I immediately bought all their albums shortly after.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:56 AM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie

............never hear surf music anymore. ( JIMI ( not Jimmy) Hendrix)
Old 05-01-2004, 02:41 AM   #90
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I really do not understand the fickle fans who don't grow and change with the band. I guess they're really not fans at all.
When the band grows that is. When they bland out and produce a mediocre album I dont have to like it because I adore the band. Sometimes crap things happen to good people. Fine if you like. And theres a lot of people who do. It doesnt mean the people who dont like arent fans.

I think John Depp is a very good actor, but 21 Jump street Im still a fan though.

And no it wont make the slightest bit of difference to the new album what anybody in here thinks of U2, one way or the other.

I get annoyed when people say that someone isnt a fan because they disagree with someone elses opinion. We can have differences of opinion without insulting people personally.

Tis all opinion. Yours, mine, everyones.

Anyway, end of rant.

Edited to add: There are some U2 songs that even U2 dont like.