do you hate ATYCLB?are u2 still rock&roll?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiousity, is there any chance a POP bashing thread would be kept going this long?

(it wouldn't exactly hurt anyone to refrain from belittling words when talking about U2's music, and I don't think saying "I didn't like this album" equals "the album was bad" as some seem to think)

Last edited:
as far as this topic goes, this thread has been way better than most of them which is why i know i haven't closed it.
it could imply that there is more to hate in pop than there is atyclb which is why the pop threads have the crown of most violent in forum history.

I don't know if that's the case - if there was more to hate in pop then why did those hate threads stop and atyclb's didn't?

Exactly, pop threads being violent proves my point - pop disliking people were picked on/told they don't "get" the album while anything goes when a anti-atyclb thread strikes. Double standards.

Last edited:
i would not say i hate atyclb..
U2 took a different path with this album and i hope its probably one of their experiments like achtng baby
their next album is more raw and visceral and its more rock n rolll... i know that for sure
but i dont htink atyclb should be hated
it has great songs
beautiful day is a good song
elevation is pretty rock n roll = has good guitar and "raw-ness"
other songs on there..i think they are a bit pop and ...u konw..
now all the teenagers think they are a panzy band
but they dont know what zooropa/baby/joshua albums were..
anyways..atyclb is an experiment which did not go platinum or anything... i have a feeling their next album will be an awesome 5 star rock n roll album...

there is no double standard when the above was nothing more than a guess from me at what causes the nature of these threads to be.

i will close this now and that is pretty much because i am sick to death of being told we are biased when we make all the effort to keep the onus back on you guys, and then when we dont babysit and control what you say, it is still our fault. we're damned anyway, as this is now censorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom