Do you guys realize...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicBono

ONE love, blood, life
...that we're all geniuses? Honestly, all the abbreviations we have to remember!! SATS, ATYCLB, SYCMIOYO, DYFL, IWF, ISHFWILF, BTBS, HTDAAB, SBS, ABOY, BD, SIAM, IGWSHA, COBL, WTSHNN, JT, AB, ASOH, UF, OOTS, WOWY, UTEOTW, EBTTRT, the list goes on and on...:huh:

I mean, honestly, we have our own damn CODE or something... if a non-U2 fan or a casual U2 fan read that they'd be like "What the hell?!" but for us we see "WGRYWH" and automatically register it as the U2 song "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses." Just imagine if we could do that with, y'know, stuff people actually NEED to know... no, sorry Mr. Keller, I don't know when Rome was founded or the countries they conquered, and I have no idea when that one guy died, but I CAN tell you what "HTDAAB is very AB-ish...ABOY is similar to EBTTRT. Then again COBL is kinda like WOWY or WTSHNN... gawd, the B-man had COS disorder even back then..." means, and that you're a very attractive man that reminds me of a singer of this one band I like a lot, from Ireland...:D

Okay, maybe I'm not a genius. But surely some of you are, and we all deserve some credit for keeping all these damn abbreviations straight!

im said to be a genius

sometimes it doesnt look like it though

Tomer said:
im said to be a genius

sometimes it doesnt look like it though

pffft, you, a genius!

Thanks to you and Herco the Jordan thread got closed.

My fave abbreviation:

ITABTAW

And about us being part of Bono's "Tribe", i though his tribe was only the fans in Ireland?

Are we?
What about AFTP?
Or BITUSA?
I also read GH!! a couple of times.

I don't think we're that different...

:D

It' s true it's a funny aspect of the internet... and it doesn't help that U2 always have to give such damn long names for their songs!

However, not to take anything away from our geniusness, but I've noticed that any group of people who share knowledge of a certain subject tend to start using acronyms that the rest of the world wouldn't understand. I study International Relations, and everyone talks in acronyms all the time about all political parties, UN agencies, or other organizations ( I mean more than the average). It makes for some interesting conversations...
(SC-Security Council, SG-Secretary General, GA-General Assembly, EU-European Union, PA-Palestinian Authority, AU-African Union, UNHCR, UNDP, UNSCOP, DPA, DPKO, ...)

actually, acronysms are what i hate the most, i consider myself as a deep "u2 songs knower", but sometimes it gets very hart to walk me through all those "codes"!...................i mean, just write a word or something that may make life easier, for instance: "still haven't, horses, streets, with or, hold me, violet" and so on and so on :wink:

I'm not fond of OOTS yet - I guess it will grow on me.
COBL reminds me of corn on the cob for some unknown reason - I guess i am a "Quirky genius":wink:
ABOY - I have a feeling I will be calling this song "A boy" instead of All Because of You. Look for A Boy in my future postings and confuse everyone.

Back
Top Bottom