Do You Feel Loved v Yahweh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaz02

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Has anyone noticed how familar these both sound and how lyrically at first glance they appear the same ? At the oppening its almost a copy

What's the song that's played before U2 takes the stage? :huh:

In other words: yes, this topic has been discussed plenty of times before.

Axver said:

Yeah, but Ax, this person only just joined this month & probably hasn't seen any of the old discussions.

:tsk:
:wink:

Utoo said:

Yeah, but Ax, this person only just joined this month & probably hasn't seen any of the old discussions.

:tsk:
:wink:

sorry lol , ive been looking at this forum for like a year , only just joined lol.

btw can anyone post me the orginal thread :sad:

i hate it when people post in forums saying they dont want to discuss something.

You knew what was going to be in here before you entered, thats what the title is for!

And yes I see the similarity, but also the difference, between Do you feel loved and Yahweh. I will post more on religion in both albums soon, I think i will write a little on that.

Axver said:
What's the song that's played before U2 takes the stage? :huh:

It has? That's funny, I missed it entirely and I visit this place every day.

Despite the "take these" lines, I never even thought of the two songs being similar - maybe because Do You Feel Loved is so superior in every way to Yahweh.

ya those few lines are about all thats the same. their very different to me, also because "do you feel loved?" is really good.

I love them both. Do You Feel Loved is filthy gorgeous, and Yahweh is spiritual uplift. I can't see the similarity myself though!

vaz02 said:
Has anyone noticed how familar these both sound and how lyrically at first glance they appear the same ? At the oppening its almost a copy

:hmm: I haven't noticed the similarity but I am going to listen now that it's been brought up. I prefer DYFL to Yahweh.

I've noticed the opening lyrics of both being very similar, but the songs are completely different in every way from that point. :wink:

I've noticed that I can't listen to either without realizing how much better the rest of the songs on their respective albums are, so yes I agree they are similar. :wink:

Bono's shades said:

It has? That's funny, I missed it entirely and I visit this place every day.

Actually you know something, it HASN'T been discussed to death! Even supermod Neutral ;) could only find one thread on the subject. I think we have a case of people jumping the gun in defense of one of these songs when the argument has not even begun yet! :huh:

I've never noticed any similarity between them--I haven't listened to Yahweh in months though. Will have to give it a look.

Axver maybe you were thinking of the Walk On / Eclipse comparison... I've seen that topic pop up quite a bit. :hmm:

I think they sound completely different actually and i much prefer ' Do you feel loved?' :love:

Do you feel loved is a sexual monster. Yahweh is a spiritual offering

Do you feel loved is bloody ace and yahweh is his hippy brother.

The opening guitar riffs are matching almost...

I can't say I'd noticed the similarities before - though I'll listen again.

Yahweh is joyous, DYFL is dark.

Prefer DYFL every time.

Each is suitable to the tone of its respective album - DYFL is quite dark, Yahweh uplifting. Mood is so much of what makes a U2 song, not guitar notes.

These songs have little in common IMO except the "take these" lines. Bono almost speaks the verses in DYFL, which is somewhat drowned out by the guitars. Yahweh, his voice takes center stage, with the music to the background.

Tough vote; I love them both. DYFL by a hair.

Back
Top Bottom