Do you ever feel that if you met U2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Needle_Chill

War Child
it would be like you had known them as people for your whole life? I always think about meeting them and I seem to always have this feeling of familiarity. I've seen them and heard them so much, it's like they're a part of my family. I can picture what Adam would say, or what Larry would say, just like they're my brothers... and if we ever met, it'd feel...uh... right... if that makes sense...:eyebrow:

What about you?

I don't think i'd feel like that - I couldn't feel like that, actually. To them, I would just be another fan, another face in a sea of millions of faces that they've encountered over the years. I wouldn't feel like that when I knew the feelings wouldn't be mutual.

I met them and it was a completely different experience than what I had imagined....still great, but different. I didn't meet Adam, though.

I don't think there's anything I could say to them that they haven't already heard from several thousand appreciative fans. I would probably just say thank you and lay off the theatrics. Oh and then I'd ask for an autograph and to pose for a picture and then stumble all over my words while thanking them again profusely and then faint.

Last edited:
I used to think I'd feel a sense of familiarity when meeting a famous person that I feel I "know alot" about, but when it comes time to have face to face human interaction - all bets are off. You realize that you are total strangers - you moreso to them than they are to you, and you start to grasp the concept of "public persona" and "real person."

I met them too but again we are faces in millions of fans. I guess that is why my true dream is to actually meet and talk to them but really even then there is no connection. We know them as we choose to know them bits and pieces of articles, songs etc but we really don't know them at all. I am sure that some of it is publicity not the truth anyway.

My sister who meet her idol at the time Jerry Garcia was actually disappointed because he was a normal person and as a person was nothing special. He drank and talked a lot about himself and she realized that she cherished him so much for so long and he was human just like her.

Yes, I already do feel like I know them, even though I really don't. Really though I'd like to get to know them - sit and talk for hours about whatever - that'd be great. But if I ever do really get the chance to meet any of them, I'd try to say or do something original and weird to make a lasting impression...like bite Bono's neck :D

Not at all. I think about meeting them, too, but the fact is that they just write songs that ring true to me, and I'm just another fan. Lots of people who have met Bono say he puts you right at ease, but I don't think it would feel at all like they were my brothers and that we could dive right into a conversation about something other than me stammering, "That song Bad? That's like...really good and stuff..."

Back
Top Bottom