Do you ever feel tempted to listen to U2 while you are at work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
Hi!

This might be a daft question to ask but Im real curious! At my work, I always am tempted to listen to U2 while Im working but cant cos I have take telephone calls which kinda sucks! I also dont want my boss breathing down my neck when the office can hear the sounds coming out of my headphones!
biggrin.gif
Believe me, I have done that before even at lunchtime when Streets was played!

I would love to listen to U2 while Im at work cos I believe it would liven up my day at work you know what I mean.....? Itd definitely work if I have a job working from home....hmmm, might have to change jobs now! lol
biggrin.gif

So do you listen to U2 at work or do you avoid it at all costs?

dougal

believe it or not, it IS something I could get away with via tiny headphone in left-ear only and Walkman.......but aint dont it for looooooooong time..........

Im addicted to listening to PoP in the car at this moment......

but hell yeah........lets all fuk our bosses off with Bono cursing on Wake Up, crank it up REAL loud folks!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

I work in a Dept Store and my area has a DVD player and stereo. I play U2 all day long and watch Live in Boston and R&H to my hearts content!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth"
- One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com

ALL the time. And not even just U2 - music in general. We used to have radios playing softly all over the unit... now they've disappeared and when we find one, it's like a battle to the death as to who gets it...
biggrin.gif
I HATE not having some sort of backround music to drown out the alarms etc..

------------------

Say Goodbye, Don't Follow.

Rest in Peace Layne.

I do it at work. Mainly downloaded things from the net. Even if I'm working at a callcenter it works pretty smoothly. I turn down the volume when I get a call and raise it, enough for me to hear but don't bother coworkers when I don't talk to a customer. So far no complaints, most of my coworkers do the same.
smile.gif

I do it all the time.
smile.gif
I have my own computer and desk area and the computer has a CD-ROM drive, so I pop discs in, plug in my headphones and listen away while I work.

I got moved to a different department at work, and if I'm not given projects to do, I just have to sit and wait for the phone to ring. I can't listen to music though...so I sit and run U2 songs through my head to pass time, sometimes album by album if it's a REALLY slow and boring day.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

I do listen to U2 at work.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...
sicy@interference.com
My Lair

Hell, yeah! I actually listen to music all the time at work. The boss is cool about it, as long as work gets done...and music is played softly.
wink.gif

Thanks for posting your thoughts....

Well, its sounds like most of you have very good jobs or kind bosses if you can listen to U2 or any music like that!

I wish I had that kind of flexibility but still I can hear the tunes in my head while Im at work.....which can get me dancing or mouth the words of a song in front of my bemused colleagues!
biggrin.gif

dougal

Gloria was on the radio today
last week I even heard A Sort of Homecoming

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I hear U2 music all the time while working...inside my "radiohead".
biggrin.gif
Does that count dougal?
wink.gif

Now seriously, I cannot. I work for a bank, 8 hours per day. No U2 allowed but my wallpaper and screensaver, and I had to fight to keep them there.

But I?m used to hum all the time, even when I?m feeling blue. It makes me feel a lot better.

I have all my U2 CD's + many other boots in MP3 format and I play them off of my computer at work all the time. I have over 15 hours worth of mixed U2 music. I?ve even caught myself and some co-workers singing along to the tunes.

------------------
Music is Bombastic!
Visit: www.bombasity.com
i am CANADIAN

Yup!! My boss actually condones it!
biggrin.gif
She too is a fan, and saw them during the Joshua Tree.
My whole office just about likes U2 now thx to me.
We keep the music fairly quiet by our desks mind u, but its all good, and when they come on the radio, I am allowed to turn it up loud!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Steal me, deal me, anyway you heal me
Maim me, tame me, you can never change me
Love me, like me, come ahead and fight me
Please me, tease me, go ahead and leave me..."

The Muzak station we listen to at the restaraunt I work at always plays U2. Not just ATYCLB U2 either. (although I have heard the first 7 tracks from the album played) I regularly hear songs from AB and Pop. When WGRYWH came on one time I stopped talking to my table and said "ooh I love this song" That Muzak programmer rocks my world!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

U2 music at work is sometimes the only thing that gets me through the day. in fact, i'm listening to ATYCLB right now. i'm lucky enough to have bosses that don't really care....as long as i don't listen to Metallica, i can listen to whatever i want!
smile.gif

------------------
xoxo,
chelsea

i'm looking through your window
i'm walking through your doorway
i'm on the outside, let me in....let me love you.

Back
Top Bottom