Do you correct people who mispronounce Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trevster2k

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
People always say Bow no , Bon o, what's the difference?

To which I always respond, no difference as I mispronounce their name. They get so flustered.:lol:

Yes. I'd correct someone in the same way i'd correct them if they pronounced anything wrong. I'm one of those kind of people.

It depends.

Some people mispronounce it on purpose because they dislike Bono and want to get a rise out of any U2 fans that might be present. I hate giving them their wish so I let it go and watch their faces kind of drop when they don't get a reaction.

If its someone who truly doesn't know, I'll nicely tell them the proper way to say it.

It does annoy me and I think its mostly due to uneducated music fans...even Tina Turner mispronouced it.

Yes, esp. my husband who loves to do it to get a rise out of me. (it's getting old though.) A guy I work with says oh that guy married to Cher (same scenario as above--he thinks it bothers me.)

I'm a corrector myself

I don't want them to confuse him w/ Sonny Bono:wink:

beau2ifulday said:
Yes. I'd correct someone in the same way i'd correct them if they pronounced anything wrong. I'm one of those kind of people.

Me too. I'm dreadful like that - I'll correct people's spelling in posts and allsorts. I am trying very hard to give it up.

I agree that some people just say Bow-no to wind his fans up, so I just ignore them. Recently someone called him
Nobo. I am sorry to say that I giggled - it was nasty and unnecessary of them to call him that, and of couse I didn't approve, but it was kinda funny.

grrrrr

my son does this all the time, bow/no or bone/o I correct him then he goes bone/o bone/o bone/o :scream: ...... So now I have the picture of 'Bono in the bathtub' as screen saver and the last time he said bone/O I go yeah ur right and pointed at my computer screen! :lol::lol:

I have had people call him so many different ways and it drives me nuts. The man is one of the most well know people in the world. People must really be out of touch if they don't know it. Or maybe very jealous.

This should be on the back of interference shirts.

It's Bon-O, not Bo-no, dumbass!

:wink:

Nope. Because it doesn't bother me.

Of course, I would much prefer if he simply went by Paul Hewson (and The Edge by Dave Evans also). Kinda hard to fuck up the pronunciation of Paul and Dave. ;) The "cool" nicknames kind of thing just seems so junior high to me (or is that middle school now?). [end of rant]

Back
Top Bottom