Do you appreciate all of U2's music styles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
I do. I was curious because some fans out there are stuck in the 80's or they can't get past the Pop era. So what if AB Didn't meet your expectations after JT an R&H. So what if pop was a flop. So what if some of you think that ATYCLB is commercialized. I still love their music as a whole. It's what makes my every day a better day. Where are you gonna get songs like Spanish eyes, streets, WOWY, BTBS, Stay, numb, Daddys gonna pay for your crashed car, lemon, WGRYWH, MW, One, Gone, Do you feel loved, Miami, mofo, Kite, Walk on, BD, NY etc..

[This message has been edited by jesseu2 (edited 03-30-2002).]

Boom Cha

~z~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

Every phase of U2's career has it's moments and they all produced great music. I don't care what other people like or dislike. I listen for myself to enjoy.
smile.gif

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

Cheers to everything really, and having the balls to do everything!

Two albums I could do without would actually be the side projects; Passengers and MDH. Except for a couple of songs on each, both Blow.

Everything else ranges from good to great!

Thank you, jesse...

I listen to anything that U2 makes, I haven't had any issues with any of their music (well, except for one song - "A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel"). I listen depending on which mood I'm in... if I'm in the JT mood or AB mood or POP, or sometimes I mix em all up... but that's just me. If people don't like certain albums or eras of U2, that's fine by me, at least they know what they like and what's good for them... whatever floats your boat.

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Leaving just in time, stay there for a while. Rolling in the ocean, trying to catch her eye..."

She is the dreamer, she's imagination

"If you give me half a chance I'll prove this to you
I will be patient, kind, faithful and true
To a man who loves music, a man who loves art
Respects the spirit world and thinks with his heart"
~ India.Arie

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I happen to really like all eras of U2's development. It is this diversity of style that makes me a fan. If they were "stuck in the 80s" or "stuck in the 90s" they wouldn't be the band I know and love. If they continued to churn out JT part II and III, they wouldn't be great. If they made AB part II or III, I would be bored. If they hadn't had the balls to go out and fuck with the mainstream like they did with Pop, I would respect them less. But the fact of the matter is, they have continued to evolve and to push themselves, and it is for THAT reason that I'm crazy about them. I can't wait to see what they'll do next.

Well AB got me into U2 and i guess 90's U2 for me is always a tiny bit ahead of 80's U2. Just a wee notch it's closer to my heart.
And i never could start anything with the first 3 albums (except Drowning man and 40).

Maybe it would be different if i was older and JT got me into U2...who knows?

My favorite thing about U2 is that no matter what kind of a mood I am in, there is a U2 song to fit that mood. Sometimes I feel like listening to slow rock, sometimes Electronia, sometimes dancy, sometimes rock....

I don't really need any other music, because I have U2!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

I agree with Sula. I love all their eras and don't want to be without any. Even if I only have experienced the 90's myself. Every single album has given me something that I just can't leave outside of my love for them.
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

I don't love all of their eras equally, but every phase has it's share of good stuff. I don't think I'd have fallen in love with their music as much as I did if there wasn't such amazing variety in their back catalogue.

[This message has been edited by Saracene (edited 04-01-2002).]

I like it all...though I have to be in the right mood to want to listen to "Grace"...I still haven't quite learned to love it like I love the rest.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Back
Top Bottom