Do We Have Any Evidence To Start Speculating On The Next Record? I'll Give It A Shot.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blah, blah, U2, blah...now Wanderer, tell me about this Coldplay stuff!

(email if you like)

danke!

smile.gif

As alot of the darkness in AB was inspired by Edge's divorce, it seems that the new record might be similarly tinged with darkness once Bono is rested and allowed to grieve for his Dad,
and to grieve for the sad world we are witnessing. Once he translates these intense feelings into words and notes, I think we will have another masterpiece on our hands and in our hearts.

just my .02... no biggie
wink.gif

------------------
No alarms and no surprises, please.

I don't want to be too negative, but I see another Zooroopa coming on. Not that Zooroopa was terrible or anything, but I would prefer to see an Achtung or ATYCLB type of record.

I don't know why everyone seems so convinced that the next record is going to be this mysteroius "dark" record. What, is it the word on the street right now or something?
wink.gif
I seriously believe that Bono has reached a new point in his spirituality where he'll be choosing the positives in just about everything over the negatives. Look for the trend to continue...

------------------
The Tempest

I agree with Michael in that I don't think it will be a dark album

it will probably have a rougher musical edge than ATYCLB though

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

want the new album to have...
screaming vocals from Bono that will shatter my windows...

Guitars from Edge that sound like a fighter jet at full throttle...

Drums from Larry that feel like my head is being kicked in to subtle beats of a heart...

And Adam's bass is so up there in the mix that it travels along the floor to tickle my testicles!

Then you definately want the version of Mofo performed at the MTV awards in 1997.

Audiogalaxy has it. It's one of the best U2 performances ever

I don't think U2 could produce their own record because they (the band) have admitted that they can't ever finish songs, they only keep sub-dividing into other songs. As Dallas Schoo has been quoted has saying that U2 is one of the only bands he has worked with that will change a song even though it seems like it is finished....but he also said that the song often ends up better then where they had it going. Bono has also admitted that he has a hard time giving up on a song.....(this ultimately will give all of us a great box set)...

I don't think this will be a dark album either Mike...just because U2 will be coming into the studio off of positive energy vibes over the last couple years. Not to say that there won't be any dark songs written but I don't see them coming into the studio saying..."OK, we've done this postive thing so now just to f-up the mainstream lets make an Achtung part II"

Back
Top Bottom