Do the New England Patriots have a chance today??????/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
against the 'greatest show on turf'?

The Rams of St. Louis have scored over 500 points in a regular season again this year for the 3rd year in a row, averaging I think 30-35 points a game. And they are absolutely DEADLY indoors.

Their RB Marshall Faulk is downright scary and he is as good a reciever as he is a back. He is like having a combination of Jerry Rice and Barry Sanders. And BTW, Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce are great recievers for QB Kurt Warner to throw to.
Kurt Warner is as good a QB as we have as far as accuracy. Our only QB weakness is the unknown element of what happens to the Rams if he goes down.

The Rams defense has really stepped up this year. Look for CB Aneas Williams to try and intercept Tom Brady the way he did Donovan McNabb in last weeks thriller over Philly to seal the NFC championship for the Rams.

So what about the PATS?
We all know they have the best backup QB in the league in Drew Bledsoe, and the highest paid backup ever! Tom Brady has rightfully earned his spot at starter after Bledsoe was hurt at the beginning of the season.

Destiny.
Someone tell me what is going on with the 'destiny thing?' I heard something about a QB coach passing away during training camp. Seems fitting that is where the firepower is coming from then, from 2 QB's.

I will say that the Patriots have suprised the heck out of me. I was going for Oakland and they won that (if not for a controversial call, the Raiders would have gotten possession of the ball with 1:42 remaining and a win) barely. And they beat Pittsburg on the road in the AFC title game.

It would be too easy to say the Rams are gonna walk all over them.

I just hope it's a good game and no one gets hurt. And don't forget, we got a little half-time show to watch 2
wink.gif

Originally posted by z edge:
What heartbreak have you endured???
confused.gif

Ever heard of the RED SOX-um, 86 World Series-Bill Buckner????
frown.gif

Um-Bucky Dent-Yankees (78 I believe)? 76 World Series? I think they won the WS in 1913 or something like that.

Pats-2 Super Bowls-2 losses.

Bruins-when was the last time they won the Stanley Cup?

Celtics-ok-they used to be great.

My #1 team Cowboys (Bono's fave too) hasn't won a superbowl since the 1995 season!!!

And its been since the 80's since my #2 team the Raiders has won
frown.gif

Its been a little-known fact for some time now.

Besides, I said it and EVERYTHING I say is right and thats just the way it is or else.

Originally posted by z edge:

Besides, I said it and EVERYTHING I say is right and thats just the way it is or else.

Sorry-momentary lapse there.

It won't happen again.

X
O
X
O

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 02-03-2002).]

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

Sorry-momentary lapse there.

It won't happen again.

X
O
X
O

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 02-03-2002).]

IT better NOT, or I'll have you confined to one of those many stupid ratings poll threads
mad.gif

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

We can always put Bono in at QB
tongue.gif
Steve Bono retired a few years ago.
wink.gif

The Pats chances lie in pressuring Warner. If taken out of rhythm, he is prone to interceptions. If the Pats can turn the Lambs over, and control the clock with Antowain Smith and short passes, they can pull it off.
Pats 27, Lambs 20...Shock the world

Originally posted by Lou Holtz:
For the love of God Almighty, I do hope that the Patriots cover the spread.

Lou needs to make some dinero, hombres!!

-Lou

You could always go back to Notre Dame.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Change is the only constant

I wouldn't write them off until the 2nd quarter
biggrin.gif

------------------
U2Oklahoma&
Z
-
E
D
G
E

Ze69
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO

Notice that the colors of the uniforms are the same as in the "Stuck" video and that it came down to a last second field goal! But they are paralel universes, the colors of the Patriots jersys are the "away" colors as compared to the "home" jersys that they wore on the "Stuck video. And the the kicker made the kick. Like it was the alternat happy ending to the "Stuck" video.

*Does TONS of cheering!

*Does TONS of gloating - especially at Z-Edge!

*Celebrates winning a WHOPPING $125 in the office pool!

Z-Edge, your prognostication skills are lacking. Had I listened to you, not only would the Pats had lost, but I wouldn't have made $$.

This is a good day - and U2 played too. Glorious moments - good thing I have them all on tape.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Hewson:

The Pats chances lie in pressuring Warner. If taken out of rhythm, he is prone to interceptions. If the Pats can turn the Lambs over, and control the clock with Antowain Smith and short passes, they can pull it off.
Pats 27, Lambs 20...Shock the world

Wow...this guy knows his football
wink.gif
Hooray for the Pats and all the long suffering Boston sports fans. And what a great halftime show!
Only 1 bad thing...if Pats had run clock out at 17-10, I would have won $1250 on a Superbowl square...bummer, but the finish was much more dramatic this way.

Hewson I would have to say you called it right-sorry you didn't get the big$$$, but it was an exciting finish!!

Doctorwho-glad you didn't listen to me, but hey, you never do anyway
wink.gif

Originally posted by gherman:
With a former UofM quarter back any team has a chance to win
smile.gif

GO BLUE!!!!

The other Michigan player on the Pats roster was a worthy candidate for MVP -- Ty Law.

I was glad the first Superbowl I've watched since 1978 had both a great halftime show and a surprise ending where the underdawgs won. That was kind of cool, for a girl who hates football.

Back
Top Bottom