Do Republicans listen to U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DPrinceNY

War Child
I've seen very few instances of republicans listening to U2. Much of it obviously has to do with the bands pacifist attitude and of course Bono's humanitarian efforts, something that a hardcore republican would greatly be against. I’m curious to know if it’s purely because of the bands politics that deters republicans away from the band or solely based on their music. I do not fit this criteria, myself being more of a moderate, but there has to be some republicans that listen to u2 despite disagreeing with their politics.

I know Republicans that listen to U2, though I'd say they're in the minority.

I guess it depends on how much you care about politics. If the music's good, the music's good, regardless of any political flag-waving. But really, I don't see U2 as anti-Republican or anything like that... I know this is going to sound outrageous, but many Republicans think it's not okay for kids to die everyday in Africa of treatable diseases, either. There are a lot of "hardcore Republicans" (YEAH HARDCORE XTREME!!!) that support the One campaign and such.

MrBrau1 said:
I know 1 Republican who likes to have sex. Strange, but true.

So I guess they could dig U2.

:ohmy:

I know a Republican who claims to be human. I'm not sure whether to believe him.

StlElevation said:
oh wow you are too funny axver

And you are thoroughly hysterical. I think I just broke a rib from laughing so hard. :lmao:

AtomicBono said:

...was he trying to be funny?? :scratch:

:lmao: Admit it, he's such a funny guy that just seeing his screen name makes you laugh. :lmao:

Yea I know it's shocking to you people that we Republicans are good people. After all, everything bad that's ever happened to this country is all an evil right-wing persons fault. We don't like those Africans, and hope they all die of every disease possible.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of my party. May God bless this country with more liberals and Democrats to outnumber us scum.

And yes we listen to U2.

DPrinceNY said:
I've seen very few instances of republicans listening to U2. Much of it obviously has to do with the bands pacifist attitude and of course Bono's humanitarian efforts, something that a hardcore republican would greatly be against. I’m curious to know if it’s purely because of the bands politics that deters republicans away from the band or solely based on their music. I do not fit this criteria, myself being more of a moderate, but there has to be some republicans that listen to u2 despite disagreeing with their politics.

They sell millions of records in the US alone...I'm pretty sure at least a few are purchased by Republicans.

ummm...and obviously you haven't ventured into FYM, have you?

catlhere said:
Yea I know it's shocking to you people that we Republicans are good people.

Well, I wouldn't go that far now....

:wink:

DPrinceNY said:

U2 has a such a huge fanbase - of course that will also contain conservatives and/or Republicans. Just visit FYM.

haha i don't mind Republicans at all, probably because i only know 2, one loves U2 the other hates U2, but both really love sex and rock n roll in general, and love bands that are in general anti-republican.

What does a political viewpoint have to do with liking music or not? Hell, im sure we have all read a book which is about a life led in the completely opposite way to our own, but came away thinking 'well that was a good read', just because you disagree with the viewpoints held in a song or a book, doesn't make it either bad or good, it is just the point it aims to get a cross...now depending on whether it gives you an understanding of a situation, viewpoint or not, can be a basis for deciding whether to like it or not, and whether the music is crap as well:wink:

Umm hopefully that made sense.

Well, I have a feeling 2861 U2 might disprove this theory but here goes anyway. . .

My hunch would be that Republicans would tend to prefer the "middle years" of U2--UF, Joshua Tree, Unforgettable Fire.
True? Or no?

course this whole discussion is a horrible caricuture of what we expect "stereotypical" Republicans are like.

**sigh**

Full Disclosure: I'm not a Republican, not a fan at all of the religious right (though I am a conservative Christian), not a Democrat either, but probably more liberal in my political views. Funny thing, where I live we have Democrats and Republicans but the Republicans in policy are more like Democrats and vice versa.

This is probably a question that should not be asked. Because you can't have an intelligent debate on politics when you get childish responses from ones like mrbrau1 and axver.

Maybe ask next time why Democrats are pro-abortion and also listen to U2. You just can't argue that in this forum.

Or why Democrats blame all of societys problems on Republicans. (Ex: Hurricane Katrina)

I'm sure the next post will be from some dumocrat bashing my post. oh well. I'm bored.

Chewystick69 said:
Maybe ask next time why Democrats are pro-abortion and also listen to U2. You just can't argue that in this forum.

Or why Democrats blame all of societys problems on Republicans. (Ex: Hurricane Katrina)

I don't know what supporting/not supporting abortion has anything to do with what kind of U2 fan you are. And you're right, discussing abortion is an extremely emotional, personal and divisive issue that probably should also not be asked on this forum. It never turns out well.

And about Katrina, sweetie, it's not just Democrats that question the Bush Administration's response to the hurricane aftermath. It's everyone. Even fellow Republicans.

"Johnny Ramone was a Nixon, Reagan, and Bush–voting conservative"

Yeah.... did he really know why???

No offense to anyone here, but :

I am not American and have no lessons to give, but I met a few people on holidays and they are all ashame of saying that they are Americans.... it is scary. I really hope that you Americans get the President you deserve, not a puppet. It would also be very good for the world as a whole....

i'm a registered republican. while i tend to be more of a moderate, giulliani/mccain type republican, and often have many issues with the far right, i am still a republican.

a friend of mine who is also a republican is a huge u2 fan, and when i say huge i mean about as huge as you can get, even more than me.

the thought that all republicans are god fearing, war mongering a-holes who hate blacks, gays and want everyone to die just to make more money is about as silly as the thought that all democrats are tree hugging pussies.

of course republicans listen to u2.

I really hope that you Americans get the President you deserve, not a puppet. It would also be very good for the world as a whole.... [/B]
Well we tried but there were too many dead republicans casting their ballots! Hopefully we'll get next year's election right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom