Do opening acts for U2 on outdoor gigs use the full stage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
The legs on left and right? Stage A and B, where Bono, Edge, Clayton or Mullen walk up and down...

I was thinking that most of the bands are guitar bands that opened, so they stayed in the center of the stage.

theu2fly said:
The legs on left and right? Stage A and B, where Bono, Edge, Clayton or Mullen walk up and down...

I was thinking that most of the bands are guitar bands that opened, so they stayed in the center of the stage.

Eddie Vedder took a stroll down the ramps at the Hawaii show. Remembering back to Popmart, I remember the Third Eye Blind guy going down to the B-stage (I think I vaguely remember him and the guitarist doing a mock Bono and Edge kinda duel on it). And indoors on Vertigo, Gavin Rossdale made a couple turns around the ellipse.

In Auckland Kanye West couldn't use the full arms because they left the staging panels open (or off) so he could only go down a metre or two.

He sure as hell would have gone right the way down if possible.

coolian2 said:
In Auckland Kanye West couldn't use the full arms because they left the staging panels open (or off) so he could only go down a metre or two.

He sure as hell would have gone right the way down if possible.

If memory serves me correctly, that's what happened at all the Aussie gigs too.

Kanye ran almost all the way out in, I think, the third Sydney show. Stopped just short of one of the second stages, and it actually looked like he thought about that before he did, ie pulled up really suddenly as he was about to hit the stage "That's Bono turf! Can't go there!"

The vast majority have stayed tight on the stage from my experience but the big stand out was the Stereo MCs in Cardiff on the Zooropa tour. It was a scorching day and the backing singers went right to the edge of the stage left and right and the singer used the b stage to it's full. They were fantastic.

Re: Re: Do opening acts for U2 on outdoor gigs use the full stage?

Pop Artist said:

And indoors on Vertigo, Gavin Rossdale made a couple turns around the ellipse.

That was nice. :drool:

elevated_u2_fan said:
Dashboard confessional did not move around very much, I'm not sure if this was a good thing or not :|

Not moving around very much still has to be better than the Statues Of Leon.

7.jpg

I remember on the Elevation tour Gwen Stefani said she never walked onto the heart because that was u2's domain :wink:

Nick Baine, keyboarder of the Kaiser Chiefs, who took some steps of the B-stage in Berlin, said there was some announcement that the B-stage, or ellipse, was reserved for U2. That's why he felt a bit awkward there.
I think that's why most didn't try to do it at all.

Source: http://www.u2tour.de/specials/kaiserchiefs.php But it's in German.

Back
Top Bottom