DMB fans are spoiled!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by gherman:
FUCK YOU!!! I hate it when people say a band is crap just because you don't like them. That is just plain ignorance. They are an exelent band and I can respect someone not likeing them, its your opinion, but how does it make you feel when someone says U2 is shit because they don't like thier music!

I agree with you completely! Sometimes I feel like I am back back in grade school having illogical, stupid arguments with friends over music and people just keep shouting back and forth at each other. It is all opinion anyway.

However, if people held their anger and explicit feelings inside, they might be accused of being "soft" or politically correct.

I have seen DMB in concert twice. He is very entertaining, his fans are ferociously loyal (in the US, anyway) and he and his bandmates are talented musicians. They would be considered talented during any era of music, not just now when the music scene is hurting. Although his music is quite redundant(jazzy, depressing, awkward, the Kermit reference is funny and understandable, IMA), he is probably on his way to the HOF.

His recent decision to produce a DMB Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor will lump him in w/Phish and the Dead more than ever. For the loyalists that is fine. Personally, I would much rather see him diversify.

Enough knocking him; he is one of only a few artists who could sell out a stadium w/ good tunes. Give him his due...

[This message has been edited by MBH (edited 04-17-2002).]

[This message has been edited by MBH (edited 04-17-2002).]

Originally posted by Salome:
and that's why threads not about U2 shouldn't be posted in this forum but in Lemonade Stand where only people react who are interested in that particular band

but does anyone ever listen to me
noooooooo

Don't you have anything better to do than worry about where someone posts a particular thread on a U2 fan website?

This thread has received a great response and I and several others are endulging in it. That is fine with me. Sadly, it is not for you.

Just because a band "is better than all the other crap out there" or whatever, it doesn't automatically mean that they're good. I mean, look who they're up against...Backstreet Boys and other carbon copy "bands," Britney Spears and other dumb blonds, Creed and other boring rock bands....Ug...It's enough to make me compulsively hurl.

I do think that DMB band has talent, although a lot of their songs sound the same to me. I can't stand Dave's voice, and, for that reason, I don't think I will ever acquire a taste for them. Oh, well. I'm happy listening to U2 myself.

And, just to clear up any confusion, this IS just my opinion. I'm not the ultimate authority on anything, so take what I say with a grain of salt, especially since I'm extremely sleepy right now!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

I respect the musical abilities of DMB but strongly dislike all of their music and his voice and their style in general. The fact that they are more talented than teen pop stars does not make me care any more for their songs. Even if their lyrics were brilliant, it would not make his voice any more palatable to me.

[This message has been edited by Desire4Bono (edited 04-17-2002).]

Okay, I just thought of something...Nothing to do with U2, but then, neither does this entire thread, so...

What was up with Macy Gray? She doesn't/didn't write her own songs, but people liked her because her voice is "unique." 'kay, if by "unique" you mean "sounds like somebody scratched the record" then, yeah...I'm REALLY tired...So if you're reading this and you're like wtf is she talking about...sorry...lmao

------------------

Maybe this is a reactionary sort of thing from living in dorms all last year, but I (and others like me) hold that DAVE MATHEWS IS THE WHITE DEVIL!!!!

That's all. Sorry.

------------------
It's like lotto - you gotta be in it to win it.

Keepin it krunk...

Originally posted by MBH:
Don't you have anything better to do than worry about where someone posts a particular thread on a U2 fan website?
funny that you shouyld mention that

1. yes, I have a lot of better things to do
2. when I am reading Interference it is my job to do just that

3. post threads in the right forum

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I bet a lot of DMB fans don't remember the concerts of his that they went to.

You should seriously move this thread.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

I saw what is going to be on the next DMB CD and I'll tell you right now it will be a classic or I will donate my left nut!

QUOTE ME ON THAT!!!

DMB sucks real bad. I know people who used to go see them when they were in the Charlottesville bars. Some people say they are better live. I do appreciate they are real musicians, which is rare these days, but I just can't stand the sound they make. I honestly could never understand the appeal. But there is worse crap out there.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
But there is worse crap out there.

Sadly, this is true! What is wrong with music and musicians today? Or maybe we should blame the record companies!

LMAO...DMB goin' CLASSICAL? Oh, that'll please all the stoner DMB fans I know....riiiiight...

------------------

FUCK YOU!!! I hate it when people say a band is crap just because you don't like them. That is just plain ignorance. They are an exelent band and I can respect someone not likeing them, its your opinion, but how does it make you feel when someone says U2 is shit because they don't like thier music!

While I dont profess to be a huge DMB, I do have all their albums and on everyone their is one absolutly gorgrous song that just makes you wanna, well, I don't cry or anything, maybe a sniffle, but...
I actually like his voice. Unique, kinda of a smoky, bourbonish type whisper. Of course sometimes it is a bit annoying.

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

It took me a long time to like DMB even now I am not a huge fan. One of my friends is going to their concert next week and she is so excited like I was for seeing U2. Everyone has different tastes in music and it is what each individual person interprets the song to be thta makes a person a fan or not a fan. I respect other peoples music choices because if it makes them feel like what I feel when I listen to U2 then more power to them.

Originally posted by david:
I bet a lot of DMB fans don't remember the concerts of his that they went to.

You should seriously move this thread.

The people I know who talk about it don't seem to remember much. They say, "Oh, man, I was so drunk!" so is that it? Do you have to be DRUNK to get it? I dunno...

------------------

Originally posted by Salome:
funny that you shouyld mention that

1. yes, I have a lot of better things to do
2. when I am reading Interference it is my job to do just that

3. post threads in the right forum

Your "job"? You've got to be kidding me....

Your "job"? You've got to be kidding me....
well, I agree "job" might be a bit too much
but I am a mod around here

if anyone feels he has more to share about DMB feel free to start a thread in Lemonade Stand

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom