DJ Misti Mundae at Kansas City's 97.3 The Planet Confirms Single Information

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
After reading the new posting of the single being put to airwaves on Sept 24th, I called 97.3 The Planet in Kansas City and talked to the on-air staff, misti Mundae. I asked her if the station has heard anything regarding the new U2 single and she said Universal was fluxuating back and forth between the 17th and the 24th, but it's almost 100 percent that it is the 24th. She said the single will only be sent from Universal/Interscope via MP3 and not as a disc because of the fear of the single being played before the 24th on radio stations. I didn't really think this was such a big deal if a song was a played a day or two before the actual on-air date, but apparently it is.

(side-note : when I first posted this I said the MP3 was coming from Interference. My brain took a dump. I meant to say Universal and Interscope as she said. Sometimes my brain decides to change interscope to interference and vica versa. Or when I am typing US, a lot of times I type U2 LOL)

Last edited:
Wow. hat's pretty interesting. They really are afaid of it getting out early

:wink: I also contacted my favorite radio station after yesterdays news. I received an email from the programing director that says "yes" the new U2 single will be released on Sept. 24th but he's pretty sure it will be leaked before then! :tongue: :heart: :D :dance: woo hooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

fm96 Londons Best Rock!

Back
Top Bottom