Diversity of songs on next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking at the pattern from the previous two tours, it is probable that the first leg (or the first shows even) will be the most interesting shows setlist-wise. They do have a bad habit of throwing away the rare songs in favour of the already incredibly boring classics.

I would love for them to throw in the following:

One Tree Hill
Ultraviolet
Out of Control
Exit
More Pop (Mofo, Staring at the Sun, Last Night on Earth and Please)
More Gloria!
Crumbs from Your Table

Now I know this would never happen because of Bono's voice but It would be incredible to hear Red Hill Mining Town live.

I'm a young U2 fan...been a fan for a long time, and I have slowly become a huge fan so don't kill me if I don't know this...but why haven't they ever played Electrical Storm Live? Would love to hear that.

OttawaU2Fan said:
I'm a young U2 fan...been a fan for a long time, and I have slowly become a huge fan so don't kill me if I don't know this...but why haven't they ever played Electrical Storm Live? Would love to hear that.

Don't worry, you're not the only one wondering this! It is probably the biggest source of confusion to me. Every U2 single ever has been played live - except for Electrical Storm. It was an incredibly safe bet that it would be played on the Vertigo Tour. I didn't even entertain the possibility that it wouldn't be played. After all, they did its non-single fellow bonus track, THTBA, at promo gigs. And then it didn't show up!

They probably rehearsed it. Some people said they heard it at the rehearsals in Brussels before the second leg of Vertigo and I'm willing to believe those reports, but U2.com issued a denial, claiming it was a taped version on the PA. This was really weird because there are plenty of false "U2 rehearsed this song on that date!" rumours out there, so I don't know why they went to the effort just to quash that one in particular. And knowing U2.com's astonishing incompetence, they probably got it all arse-backwards and had been told to report that it was rehearsed or something ...

Axver said:

Don't worry, you're not the only one wondering this! It is probably the biggest source of confusion to me. Every U2 single ever has been played live - except for Electrical Storm. It was an incredibly safe bet that it would be played on the Vertigo Tour. I didn't even entertain the possibility that it wouldn't be played. After all, they did its non-single fellow bonus track, THTBA, at promo gigs. And then it didn't show up!

They probably rehearsed it. Some people said they heard it at the rehearsals in Brussels before the second leg of Vertigo and I'm willing to believe those reports, but U2.com issued a denial, claiming it was a taped version on the PA. This was really weird because there are plenty of false "U2 rehearsed this song on that date!" rumours out there, so I don't know why they went to the effort just to quash that one in particular. And knowing U2.com's astonishing incompetence, they probably got it all arse-backwards and had been told to report that it was rehearsed or something ...

I really REALLY hope they crack it out on the next tour. I can't understand why it hasn't surfaced yet. To my, admittedly untrained, musical ear, it doesn't sound particularly hard to play and the vocals aren't particularly difficult. I don't understand! I just hope that if if does ever appear live, its the proper version not the William Orbit single edit.

Back
Top Bottom