Discotheque - what tour has had the best live version?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
djerdap said:
We need to get that Toronto IV version with the Relax snippet. I´m starting to get desperate.

ANYBODY????!!!!

i guess the concert is out there, but no one's sharing as of yet. i don't even care about the whole show, i just want to hear that song, lol!

Half to give it to Vertigo version - it just rocks me. Even if you're not a fan of Pop, you can't help to like this super rocking song.

It's right behind A Sort of Homecoming for U2 songs that I'd kill to hear live.

Vertigo Discotheque is a great return of a song with amazing potential, but it has more false starts than Muse's Take a Bow. It never reaches that live level that a U2 hit should reach.

They need to work on the arrangement and take it to the stratosphere next tour. The dreamy-sounding bridges are great from last tour, but they need to cut those down - you can't have a song go slow/fast/slow/fast/slow unless you're Lou Reed and the song is Heroine.

Vertigo (although I dont think any of them are drastically different, better or worse).

It is suprising they didnt do it more than twice. They were clearly looking at making it at least a partial staple by the amount of time they spent working on it. I think Edge just didnt feel like doing it after they had worked with it for awhile.

LemonMelon said:

:combust: OK, that was the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Agreed :sexywink: therefore, here ya go!

http://www.yous endit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=aRbQenObp3l5TA%3D%3D

ok WTF is wrong with YSI? :huh: it refuses to upload it, it keeps giving people the File limit exceeded shit, I upped this maybe 2 minutes ago!

Last edited:
Never seen the other versions live but i saw Discotheque Toronto and Chicago last year and it ROCKED. :drool::rockon:

LOVED IT!!!!! :love::faint:

I have a bit of a clip somewhere i think with video. Or i used to. I'wll see if i can find it. :wink:

Galeongirl said:

Agreed :sexywink: therefore, here ya go!

http://www.yous endit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=aRbQenObp3l5TA%3D%3D

ok WTF is wrong with YSI? :huh: it refuses to upload it, it keeps giving people the File limit exceeded shit, I upped this maybe 2 minutes ago!
http://www.mediafire.com/

I've found my footage. ;) Its still on my PC. Its only about 1.30 minutes so not too much i think i was so excited at it i kept stopping the recording by accident :reject: will upload tommorow though, as i'm on dial up it will take foreverand its like 3.15am here.

:lol:

anyone have audio of the Elevation version? I've never heard it so I can't compare....

But I enjoy the Vertigo version a bit better....if they'd given it a chance it would have been fantastic....when they kick into "LET GO!!!", the drums drive like mad and the lights go like nuts (the arena looks like a Christmas tree!)....unbelievable. I didn't get the same grandiose feel out of the little b-stage Popmart version of it, although I love the Life During Wartime snippet.

~A.j.~

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom