Discotheque on the Elevation tour........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
I wanted them to play this song at MSG but to no avail.....

I love this song!!! Did anyone hear it on the first leg? How was it and was the crowd reaction?

I was so surprised when they played it on the 13th in Chicago, because they had scrapped it a few weeks back. I stood there watching in amazement, and someone leaned over to me and said:

"You don't actually like this song do you?"

and I replied -

"As a matter of fact I do, and if you say anything like that to me again I'll throw your fucking ass off this balcony"

Thank you.

~zoo~

------------------
" They had the Vision, but we had the Television " - The Edge

" The greatest lesson you'll ever learn - is to love, and be loved in return" - David Bowie

"Hey John Lennon ! We don't need your help." - Bono

Was that from Slane 1 cos he either said that or something really similar?

Originally posted by UV2001:

Was that from Slane 1 cos he either said that or something really similar?

It was quite common for the Elevation BTBS.

I actually hated that song till I heard it live opening night, it was so different I nearly didn't recognize it.

I desperately need to hear this one live. I would love to hear Even Better Than The Real Thing followed by Discotheque, two good dance songs in a row.

Originally posted by ericb:
I desperately need to hear this one live. I would love to hear Even Better Than The Real Thing followed by Discotheque, two good dance songs in a row.

OHHH YEAH!!!

I would go apeshit if they played Even Better Than the Real Thing, Discotheque and then.........................................HOLD ME THRILL ME KISS ME KILL ME........

STRAIGHT OUTTA 1995 BABY!!!

------------------
You Just Can't Get Enough Of That Lovey Dovey Stuff...

Ladida

nothing to see here. move along folks..

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 10-05-2001).]

It was AWESOME!!!

Where I was the crowd reaction was pretty good.. not as good as for IWF or Pride though.

It's such a kickass verison this tour.. I wish it was gonna be on the DVD!

This version was incredible ... superior to popmart version!
biggrin.gif

When Bono sings "Looking for the one.." and Edge hits that MASSIVE d-chord I got shivers, it was so much heavier than I'd ever heard it before... Staring at the Sun tag was pretty cool too.

oh yeah, crowd went nuts
smile.gif

------------------
And I felt like a star...

I loved DISCOTHEQUE this tour, so glad to see it played. Like I've mentioned (and Acrobat took this one step further some months ago with a hypothetical setlist), I'd love to see all of POP and ZOOROPA live. Just as a "F@#$ you" to everyone clammoring for SBS and Pride (please put both out of their misery!!!)

Back
Top Bottom