Discotheque is one of u2's greatest videos!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the part where Adam is laying down with the mirrorball right in front of him. Adam is the only person in the world who could pose like that.

The Discotheque video is easily one of their best videos, It's the one on the best of DVD I watch the most by far.

Boom cha

Who's getting freakdanced by the girl dancer while they're on the ground? is that Adam?

The best part is Edge's lil dance, where he puts his fists on top of each other, and Bono and Larry are like "nice moves Edge"
:lol::lol::lol: Boomcha!

When Larry's trying not too laugh it's hilarious :D - Their dance routines are so bad they're funny :wink:
... Not their best videa, Even Better Than The Real Thing was better, that and Stuck In A Moment

LemonMacPhisto said:
Who's getting freakdanced by the girl dancer while they're on the ground? is that Adam?

The best part is Edge's lil dance, where he puts his fists on top of each other, and Bono and Larry are like "nice moves Edge"

I think its Edge getting freakdanced

LemonMacPhisto said:

Yeah I love that part :lol: so cute :cute:

I love how at the end Bono is thrusting all enthusiastically and Larry's hardly moving at all :lol: and from a PLEBAn standpoint...Bono in tight green shirt=really fuckin hot. not to mention the whole cop and humping the camera thing.

Ah my God yes, this video makes me happy when I'm down. It's brill! Absolute genius. The Village People bit is inspired. I love how they're all going for it except Larry, who's obviously like "Fuck off, I did NOT start this band to do this!" And Edge in that outfit cracks me up every time. Ah I'm gonna have to watch it again now!

zoopop said:
I love the part where Adam is laying down with the mirrorball right in front of him. Adam is the only person in the world who could pose like that.

Hell ya!!!:drool:BOOMCHA...I love the dance that they all do....Bono and Edge have it down, Adam is doing his own thing and well....Lardence is not quite into it. :dance:

Although whenever I do watch Edge and Bono dancing I end up thinking "you have children! Stop it!" but laughing too much to care.

LOL i just watched the video again... I love the whole Village people bit!!!! So funny...I'm the kind of person who feels embarresed for other people so when i watch the video i get all anxious but I still can't stop laughing at it, especially since larry does not seem to care for the whole dancing part!

Personally I have to disagree with you ALL.

I prefer the "one" video with the buffalo running through the wild open plains...

A majestic creature filmed in all its glory in extravagante black and white footage...

and that brilliante filming tecnique with the sloooow moootion while the creature is running is just magnificent...

Glorious...

Dazzling...

SAY WHAT???!!

WHO AM I KIDDIN´??? :lmao: :lol:

Of course it´s Discoteque! BOOM-CHAKA-BOOOOM!! :rockon:

(but the buffalo one is kinky, too)

When you've got a hankerin' for crotch thrustin', fantasies involving Adam and a giant disco ball escape orb, or Edge and his S&M, this is the video to end all videos. :| :wink:

shaun vox said:
the song rocks and the video is brilliant!!

the song and video have aged beautifully!!!

Shaun, I am surprised you'd think so, you usually only like cool, tough, black leather hard rock and roll stuff, not geek stuff like Discotheque. The Fly rocks! U2 as the Village People is LAME.

lardence said:
Ah my God yes, this video makes me happy when I'm down. It's brill! Absolute genius. The Village People bit is inspired. I love how they're all going for it except Larry, who's obviously like "Fuck off, I did NOT start this band to do this!" And Edge in that outfit cracks me up every time. Ah I'm gonna have to watch it again now!

lol the video was on about 5 mins ago on music max!!

Canadiens1160 said:
When you've got a hankerin' for crotch thrustin', fantasies involving Adam and a giant disco ball escape orb, or Edge and his S&M, this is the video to end all videos. :| :wink:

:drool: :drool:

Yay, people managed to be mostly positive in a topic! Amazing. Really.

martha - all sensible people enjoy that ;)

Re: Re: Discotheque is one of u2's greatest videos!!!

U2Kitten said:

Shaun, I am surprised you'd think so, you usually only like cool, tough, black leather hard rock and roll stuff, not geek stuff like Discotheque. The Fly rocks! U2 as the Village People is LAME.

I think they were just trying to show that they really don't take themselves too seriously and what could show that better than them dressing up as a 70s disco group? :wink:

The part where Larry is almost cracking up laughing could have been edited out, I suppose, but I just think it further shows that they don't take themselves all that seriously.

One of their best videos IMO!

Re: Re: Re: Discotheque is one of u2's greatest videos!!!

unoscatorce said:

I think they were just trying to show that they really don't take themselves too seriously and what could show that better than them dressing up as a 70s disco group? :wink:

The part where Larry is almost cracking up laughing could have been edited out, I suppose, but I just think it further shows that they don't take themselves all that seriously.

One of their best videos IMO!

Oh I've heard that one before, but the problem was, other than a few of you on this thread, people weren't laughing with them, but AT them, and it made them a joke. While AB was fun, it was cool. This wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom