Discotheque is one of u2's greatest videos!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lardence said:
Although whenever I do watch Edge and Bono dancing I end up thinking "you have children! Stop it!" but laughing too much to care.

Hey lardence, proud Poppa's have to get there grove on too!!!:giggle: I think they are very good dancers too!!:dance:

Total U2 Nut said:
When Larry's trying not too laugh it's hilarious :D - Their dance routines are so bad they're funny :wink:
... Not their best videa, Even Better Than The Real Thing was better, that and Stuck In A Moment

lol, the EBTTRT video makes me dizzy. I turn it up loud because I love the song, but I can't look at the screen.

Discotheque..I love the video and the humor/cheese factor in it. If people laughed at them for it..who cares? I'm sure U2 didn't lose any sleep over it. :wink:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Discotheque is one of u2's greatest videos!!!

RocknRollKitty said:

Oh I've heard that one before, but the problem was, other than a few of you on this thread, people weren't laughing with them, but AT them, and it made them a joke. While AB was fun, it was cool. This wasn't.

I'm sure they expected and intended for people to laugh at them.

karinlv said:

lol, the EBTTRT video makes me dizzy. I turn it up loud because I love the song, but I can't look at the screen.

Discotheque..I love the video and the humor/cheese factor in it. If people laughed at them for it..who cares? I'm sure U2 didn't lose any sleep over it. :wink:

Completely agree with you on the Discotheque vidieo, I am sure they knew some ppl would laugh and find it cheesy...but like you said they are U2 they know they are the Shizz

:hmm:

although .....I do disargee about the EBTTRT vidieo...It is very hot and hypnotizing IMO
:drool: :drool:

BOOMCha Baby!
Applaudissements06.gif

I think EBTTRT is U2's best video, but Discotheque is great too. It's hilarious.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Discotheque is one of u2's greatest videos!!!

RocknRollKitty said:

While AB was fun, it was cool. This wasn't.

What the hell are you talking about? All of the Pop videos, apart from maybe LNOE, were cool.

zoopop said:
I love the part where Adam is laying down with the mirrorball right in front of him. Adam is the only person in the world who could pose like that.

I was going to say the exact same thing! Me and my friend were watching the video and I said "Only adam is capable of posing like that!"

BOOM CHA :drool: :laugh: Larry can't keep a straight face..

Discotheque is one of U2's lamest videos in my opinion. The 'return to disco' thing is and was already played out. U2 co-opted an idea (Village People) that wasn't theirs. Sure they're having fun, but there is absolutley nothing original about it. It's not even self-parody, which would have been better.

Back
Top Bottom