disappointed that U2 didn't attend Live Earth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The internet makes it easy to snark. Those of us predisposed to snark probably find it a lot easier to let some snark rip more readily here than we would in a face to face conversation. It's a hazard (or perk, maybe, depending on the situation) of the internet.

Not like that's news or anything, but I find myself less and less surprised by the tone and snark a lot of people take on the internet. I'm still surprised to see so much rudeness (not so much here, but other places), but most of the online places I hang out are rife with snark, and I feel at home.

I mean, if I didn't have such an outlet for smart-ass remarks, they'd probably all come out at work, and I'd get fired, and then where would I be? :wink:

dr. zooeuss said:
Hell, I'm not even a paid member and don't have an avatar, why should I expect anyone here to take me seriously?! ;)

Pssh. That shouldn't make any difference. Keep trying with the actual discussions. There will be some who don't have anything but silly things to say in reply, but don't give up.

I think some of the problem is that for some of us who've been here a few years, everything's been discussed to death, so there's not much new to say ... unfortunately for the newbies. But hey - the more newbies who come around, the better the discussion for people who DO want to discuss those things.

Plus, there's not much going on in U2-world right now, which sometimes leads to people hanging out here because they're bored ... which sometimes leads to shenanigans. :wink:

Anyway. I'm blathering.

Topic? Uh ... Madonna still rules. :wink:

corianderstem said:

Pssh. That shouldn't make any difference. Keep trying with the actual discussions. There will be some who don't have anything but silly things to say in reply, but don't give up.

I think some of the problem is that for some of us who've been here a few years, everything's been discussed to death, so there's not much new to say ... unfortunately for the newbies. But hey - the more newbies who come around, the better the discussion for people who DO want to discuss those things.

Plus, there's not much going on in U2-world right now, which sometimes leads to people hanging out here because they're bored ... which sometimes leads to shenanigans. :wink:

Anyway. I'm blathering.

Topic? Uh ... Madonna still rules. :wink:

Ugh, ok you and Madonna can go on holiday together. that'd be great. ;)

Everything you say makes sense.

Th best online forum I've ever known was U2.com in 2002 or so... it had many sub-categories like Interference, but now you've got to be a paid member to access those.

I remember from time spent on that forum that things got a lot nuttier and less constructive once they were done touring... so I probably should've guessed that'd be the case here.

Bottom line is, I enjoy discussing things in U2 forums, U2 has an amazing ability to attract intelligent, caring, good-natured, good-humored fans... it just seems that today the forum was heavy on the good humor and light on the other aspects.

Thanks for helping me get it in perspective.

-Jay

dr. zooeuss said:
Bottom line is, I enjoy discussing things in U2 forums, U2 has an amazing ability to attract intelligent, caring, good-natured, good-humored fans... it just seems that today the forum was heavy on the good humor and light on the other aspects.

Well, it's summer. Only sunny, light topics need apply. :wink:

A lot of the deeper topics can be found in FYM forum, if you want to have a rousing discussion about something less trivial. If you want discussion about what U2 is actually doing these days, check out the Where the Album Has No Name forum.

But welcome (belatedly)! :)

I'm sorry, but, all threads should be able to shift gears and embrace the more serious topics. I'll post a thought provoking image, right here and right now, and this should spur some serious debate. Who needs FYM?

image29.jpg

If you think Earth is in trouble and in need of saving, take a look at what this robot does to planets. So, global warming might or might not be a scary issue to ponder, but, this robot and his impact on the worlds he "visits" needs to be addressed, post-haste, by our top military and scientific minds, many of whom post right here on interference, happily.

Between that dude and the Silver Surfer, clearly we are all doomed.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED.

corianderstem said:

Well, it's summer. Only sunny, light topics need apply. :wink:

Haha, well said.

A lot of the deeper topics can be found in FYM forum, if you want to have a rousing discussion about something less trivial. If you want discussion about what U2 is actually doing these days, check out the Where the Album Has No Name forum.
[/B]

Yep, thanks, that's what initially got me here a few months ago. Getting my "what-are-they-up to-now-that-the-tour-is-over-and-u2.com-is-lamer-than-ever" fix. ;)

But welcome (belatedly)! :) [/B]

Haha, again, thanks. And thanks for being one of the bright spots in my attempt to discuss global warming on here (Madonna accolades aside).

;)

No spoken words said:
I'm sorry, but, all threads should be able to shift gears and embrace the more serious topics. I'll post a thought provoking image, right here and right now, and this should spur some serious debate. Who needs FYM?

image29.jpg

If you think Earth is in trouble and in need of saving, take a look at what this robot does to planets. So, global warming might or might not be a scary issue to ponder, but, this robot and his impact on the worlds he "visits" needs to be addressed, post-haste, by our top military and scientific minds, many of whom post right here on interference, happily.

uhh...

corianderstem said:
Do your worst. I don't feel guilty about ANY of my musical pleasures. :wink:

??

unlike some others maybe, i don't really enjoy 'snarking' online anymore than i do in real life.

if you honestly enjoy madonna, that should be punishment enough in itself (oops i slipped!) ;)

No spoken words said:
LemonMacPhisto is working on a plan to defend Earth from Unicron, FYI.

He should organize a benefit concert! It's a sure-fire way to save the world!

It's okay if you don't like Madonna, dr. zooeuss. More for me to enjoy! :wink:

No spoken words said:
LemonMacPhisto is working on a plan to defend Earth from Unicron, FYI.

It's been keeping me awake the past few days, but yes, I have been working vigilantly on this.

If Unico got into a battle of wits with Unicron, she'd win, hands down. I'd wager on her. But, if it were a physical battle.....oy.....not so good for Unico. Not so good at all.

My plan against Unicron is simple.

First, every person I dislike is launched into space as an appetizer (Bon Jovi, my ex-girlfriend, Nicole Ritchie, among others...)

Then, Stephen A. Smith is prepped in a large sound laboratory along with Samuel L. Jackson, Animal from the Muppets, and Roger Daltrey. There, they will scream as loud as possible, repelling Unicron for at least 1000 years.

That, my friends, is how I will defeat Unicron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom