Dirty Day appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaz02

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
This is my favourite song from zooropa.
This has one of the sexist vocals of the album and a great adam bassline performance.

Quality song just to relax to on ya bed and gather ya thoughts.

Lyrically its nothing to boast about but in a funny sort of a way its almost like a story.

What does this song mean btw ?

top song:heart:

The remix on 2nd Best Of, 2nd disc is superior to Zooropa version. Both are good tho, I just prefer the remix. It's louder and more industrial.

COBL_04 said:
Ooh, I heard a snippet of this song on the Miss Sarajevo doco.

I like, I like :D

You need to get a copy of Zooropa.

the album version sucks something awful, but the live versions are great.

my favorite is 1993-11-16 Adelaide

It's so great to hear U2 singing about something dark and generally unwholesome, in stark opposition to Crumbs from your table.
I think that Dirty Day is the anti-Crumbs from your table, and is all the better for it.
I hope that wherever Charles Bukowski is he's enjoying a triple vodka with a beautiful babe on his arm!!

I love this song! It's my third favourite of Zooropa. Love the voice, the lyrics...
"You can't even remember
What I'm trying to forget"...
And I like that fact that it's a little different from the others.

Last edited:
This is one I wish theyed pull out and play once in a while. great song LIVE :drool: :drool: :drool:

I always wondered if this song was about several things.. Like Bono's relationship with his father while growing up... And Bono's feelings about his own celebrity during the time of the Joshua Tree and how he handled it.

Originally posted by Axver
You need to get a copy of Zooropa.

Originally posted by ozeeko
Yea really. What are you waiting for?

Well my birthday is in a week...so maybe...

My problem was I didn't want to own all the albums within a year. They were released over 25 years, and I wanted time for all the songs to soak in, not just listen to them a couple of times then get the next one, and then be all like, 'what now?', you know? I haven't even had Rattle and Hum for a month.

I just bought Zooropa, and I'd heard the two videos on YouTube, and I was surprised at how much worse the album version is than the live versions. The guitar doesn't sound as good, and Bono sounds like he's really holding back.

Live though, it's worthy of an extremely rare Phillyfan:drool: .

phillyfan26 said:
I just bought Zooropa, and I'd heard the two videos on YouTube, and I was surprised at how much worse the album version is than the live versions. The guitar doesn't sound as good, and Bono sounds like he's really holding back.

Live though, it's worthy of an extremely rare Phillyfan:drool: .
Yes I agree exactly, its what troubles alot of songs on all but the earliest albums, that they hold back too much and add a lot of unexciting production. Dirty Day, like Miami and many others, sounds a million times better live, or even on the remixes and weaker on the albums.

Someone must have been trying to sleep when U2 were recording/mixing "Dirty Day". Zooropa was recorded during the late night/early mornings.

Back
Top Bottom