Dirty Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really love the Adelaide version, it has a few unusual touches. I think Bono sings it much better, Edges solo is far more blistering and wild, plus Bono throws in some distorted and jagged notes from his own guitar. Its an interesting effect that almost comes off but Bono's sheepish look over at Edge says it all.

A tie. Both are amazing. The Adelaide one is unique, though. Great solo.

I agree, Adelaide. Both pwn the album version though...

I have no idea what Bono thinks he's doing at the end of the Adelaide thing, so Sydney for game set match.

I will have to go with Sydney.
The Edge's sound is superior when he uses the Les Paul, it gets a thicker tone and sounds less quack-quack which it does on Adelaide. It's almost as if he played a jew's-harp instead of a guitar! I mean which do you prefer? A restrained duck or a unleashed howling beast?! :D :rockon:
It get's a bit better when the solo comes around but in my ears he messes it up quite badly as does Bono in the end.
But I think Bono's vocals are the only good thing about Adelaide since Larry and Adam kicks butt on the Sydney version!

gman said:
You can be assured that the Sydney clip sound has been heavily polished to be fit for release on official DVD.

Yeah, I tought of that but it doesn't take away the fact that the Stratocaster can't sound the same as a Les Paul.
The sound of humbucker guitars is "heavier" than that of single-coil pickup guitars, am I right?

I have no idea what Bono thinks he's doing at the end of the Adelaide thing, so Sydney for game set match.

To me, this is the icing on the cake.

A good U2 live performance should have the ability to not only move someone, but also make them laugh.

Bono delivers this extraordinarily well after Edge's stellar solo.

That was improv at its finest. Though the timing was a little off. and why is his guitar mixed in so loudly?

And the winner iz...Syden-ey!!!

Hard to write off Adelaide, as Sydney shot looks & sounds superior due to production...

Back
Top Bottom